Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know a good place to get collars? It would be great if I could get my puppies name put on it too! Thanks!

·
Like a Ninja
3,916 Posts

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! I'll check them out.

When sizing them for a collar do you usually want a snug fit or have a little room?

·
Like a Ninja
3,916 Posts
I use the 2 finger rule...

But I make my own collars now, so depending on the collar's "purpose" I leave it looser or tighter...

·
Super Moderator
21,913 Posts
For custom collars, I have both a Paco collar (Custom Leather Dog Collars - Paco Collars) and Lizard Leather collar (Home - Lizard leather dog collars). Both are fantastic quality; the leather is very durable and soft and both have worn very well. Either I'm bad at measuring, or both collars run a tiny bit big. I personally don't like a tight collar so it's not an issue for me. I would highly recommend either of them. I know Paco does leather stamping if you want a name, and I think Lizard Leather does too.

·
Alpha
8,119 Posts
i have recently redone the sizings on my collars as they used to come up a bit big.. but now should fit perfectly and all ive done in the last few months have all fitted on the middle hole as they should.. for measurements i need a flat tape measure round the neck flush.. no 2 finger gap.. i do a of that...

i do the balbutio thats got the name stamped on it.. you will find that on the first page on my website.. its my biggest seller of al time !!!

for a smaller puppy i can do the neck size on the smallest hole of 5 and then there is lots of room for growth !!:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts