Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
just a member
2,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is from the Whole Dog Journal for 2005, They do a rating every December on dog food. I found it interesting for some foods I used in the past of what was considered a quality food.

APPROVED dry dog foods:
Artemis - Natural 6 Mix
Azmira - Classic
Back to Basics - Chicken
Bench and Field - Holistic Natural Canine Formula
Blue Buffalo - Adult
Burns - Brown Rice and Ocean Fish
California Natural - Chicken
Canidae
Chicken Soup for the Pet Lovers Soul - Adult
Drs Foster and Smith - Chicken and Brown Rice
Eagle Pack Holistic Select
Flint River
Fromm 4 Star Nutritionals - Duck and Sweet Potato
Solid Gold - Hunden Flocken and Mmillennia
Innova
Limited Diets
Natural Balance Ultra Premium
Newmans Own
PHD
Organix
Pinnacle - Chicken and Oats
Prairie - Chicken and Rice
Prime Life - Adult
Royal Canine - Adult
Showbound Naturals - Lamb and Brown Rice
Timberwolfe Organics - Lamb Barley and Apple
Verus - Chicken and Oats
Wellness - Super 5 Mix Lamb
Wysong - Maintenence
NOT APPROVED dry dog foods:
Alpo Lamb Meal
Beneful
Bil-Jac Select
Cycle Adult Dog Food
Econ-o-Mets
Diamond Premium Adult Formula
Eukanuba
Excel Lamb and Rice
Gravy Train
Iams Lamb meal and Rice Formula
Kibbles n bits Home style
Nutro - Max Adult
Nutro - Natural Choice Adult Lamb and Rice
Nature's Recipe Breed Specific Formulas
Nutra Nuggets
Pedigree
Purina Dog Chow
Purina One Lifelong Health Lamb and Rice Formula
Science Diet
Science Diets Nature's Best w/ real beef (beef is 7th on the ingredient list)

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
Very interesting indeed ,i can't get most of those, but out of the one's i can get i have been considering putting the girls on Burns,and i had already stopped feeding Nutro.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Good post Kratty.

Naveen

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
I notice the ones that have the highest advertising budgets are all on the "not aproved" list.

Maybe they could turn that around if they spent some of their ad money on improving their product.

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
Chaz said:
I notice the ones that have the highest advertising budgets are all on the "not aproved" list.

Maybe they could turn that around if they spent some of their ad money on improving their product.
AMEN!

I was going to say that I don't think anyone who knew enough to check ingredients ever believed Iam, Eukanuba or Science Diet were quality kibbles.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Well I think (my opinion only) the average Joe dog owner doesn't look at the ingredients, at one time I didn't. I bought the most expensive dog food at the grocery store and thought I was doing good. How horrified I was when I found out WHAT I was feeding my dogs. I did tons of research, printed everything out I could find and tried to educate anyone who would listen LOL Well I converted no one, go figure

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Im suprised that a channel...animal planet or the discovery channel...doesnt play a special on like the truths of dog food....although animal planet might not be able to since they may be sponsered by alot of those brands.
I know I see Eukanuba commercials all the time when The Eukanuba tournament of chapions or something is on :(

·
Registered
953 Posts
Bruno's food is not on there at all lol. Guess that's because it's only supplied at the Vets?

I'm just gonna go a head and put it on the approved list lmao. Cuz I approve it 100% :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts