Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have two pups coming from Austria, they will arrive age 11wks to bahrain( middle east). Cropping is not illegal here as in most of Europe, but unfortunately all vets cannot or will not perform. This coupled by the fact that I would not allow anyone without serious experience and expertise to touch my babes has led me to two options;
1. Locate someone in perhaps another nearby state and after close scrutiny, solicit them to travel to my location and perform the procedure.
2. Just accept the drop ears.
Austria bans all such procedures,and initially I was acceptant, as time draws near, I can't seem to dismiss the desire to crop.
Pups can be docked here no problem, but ears are the issue.
Should I let it go regarding cropping or press thru with locating a suitable dr?
Make no mistake, I would not allow anyone without full experience and expertise and background check near the dobes. Anyone here have any contacts or knowledge of preferably American trained drs in the region? Would appreciate input and thoughts.

·
Super Moderator
15,472 Posts
I would either import the puppies with drop ears or select a breeder in another country who can send you a puppy already cropped. There may be a vet in your country that can perform the procedure but I think you will be hard pressed to find that information on dobermantalk. Is there any reason why you're importing two puppies? I ask because there is a lot of information that suggests raising littermates can be troublesome and unhealthy for their individual social development. Good luck with your decision.

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
I love the look of a nice cropped doberman. I found this site after I had purchased her from a BYB. Even without the knowledge I have learned on here. There is no way I was letting anyone touch her ears. The thought that they could be messed up was not a chance we were willing to take. We absolutely love her ears. They are as soft as silk. If you are worried they wont look as intimidating. Dont worry Kyrah is a big chicken and people are still set back by her.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts