Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My pup, Till, is now 1 year old his ears are cropped but won't stand properly. The ears wing out. I posted properly for 5 months. No change in ear stance from 3 months to 5 months old. His ears were cropped at 9 weeks old.medium crop. I know it is probably to late to start re posting but was wondering if anyone has any advice. I have heard of quick brace which apparently can be used on older dogs to improve or correct ear stance. But have no clue if it would work

·
Registered
78 Posts
ears

talk to a vet but it might be too late depending on how floppy the ears are

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
26,257 Posts
Can you post a picture so we can see exactly what is going on?

·
Registered
370 Posts
I posted until my girl was 1 yr old. But as another idea, if your dog hasnt been fixed yet, as a last resort if you really want them to stand, while under sedation getting fixed you could have the vet insert some little braces( brain freeze, cant think of what their called ) into the ear. Check with your vet if all else fails and you want to get them up.

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
I posted until my girl was 1 yr old. But as another idea, if your dog hasnt been fixed yet, as a last resort if you really want them to stand, while under sedation getting fixed you could have the vet insert some little braces( brain freeze, cant think of what their called ) into the ear. Check with your vet if all else fails and you want to get them up.
I think it's called stringing?

Pictures would help.

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
I think it's called stringing?
Anyone who considers any kind of surgical correction of ears needs to be extremely careful about the vet they use. It's not just something you can have done at any old vet.

Stringing definitely provides a more natural look than implants in the ear itself. But not all dogs are good candidates for stringing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts