Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

Been lurking here for a bit and felt the need to finally post. Recently adopted a female Doberman from Gary @ Doberman Rescue Lake Placid, FL and was perusing petfinder.com just for kicks.

Anyway, came across this handsome fellow that is in a kill shelter in Defuniak Springs, FL, which is in the panhandle near Alabama. Wanted to get the word out to any rescues that may save him. Would have looked at him myself but we already found our girl.

I know someone that was looking for a c/d male just a little while ago but I think he was a bit far away.

Can anyone help him before it's too late?

Petfinder Adoptable Dog | Doberman Pinscher | Defuniak Springs, FL | BN-1

·
Owned by Dobes since 1975
30,675 Posts
Does Gary know anyone in the area that can help pull this boy?

So sad to see these dogs in jeopardy....

Hugz to the Black and Tan boy.....I pray you get helped before it is too late.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Has DAN been contacted yet? I sent an email to my Florida family, but I don't know if any of them are in the market for a new dobe.

ETA: Sent them an email. I hope we aren't behind the eight ball here, that boy looks so sweet.

Reactions: Darkevs

·
30,675 Posts
if you are near where this boy is.can you phone the shelter tomorrow and see if he is still there and find out all you can about him?

Please. :)

·
Registered
939 Posts
Uh oh Darkevs.. we both sent emails ;) If anything, they'll know we REALLY want this boy saved! hehe. I told them I'd foster if absolutely necessary and they can get him over to good ol' Colorado. I'm planning on calling the shelter tomorrow morning when I get up.

·
30,675 Posts
:)

I know DAN is swamped with doberman in need of help and is only taking emergency cases, but they might be able to check this boy out.

If you guys do phone the shelter.see if this boy is a turn in or a stray picked up.

if a stray..........remember the sam&macksmom rescue rule.....check the area where the dogs is and see if anyone is looking for a lost Black and Tan Male doberman.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just shot an email to Gary to see if he knows any rescues locally. I guess first step is finding out if he's still there but I check petfinder.com every few days and he is definitely a new listing.

·
30,675 Posts
well, it looks like DAN is still not taking any new cases.

I just got this auto reply back from them.............. Doberman Assistance Network is currently going through a restructuring period. We are keeping our case load to a bare minimum of only the most urgent dogs during this time. We urge you to contact the nearest Doberman Rescue.
Thank you for contacting Doberman Assistance Network Inc

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well I just got an email reply from Gary. He says supposedly two rescues already have a hold on him but that's not for sure.

Maybe a phone call to the shelter is in order to verify that that is the case. I certainly hope so but I wouldn't be surprised if they did since handsome boys like him go fast.

Thanks to everyone that replied and acted so quickly!

·
Registered
939 Posts
Sent an email off to Florida's doberman rescue. Fingers crossed.

ETA: Just read the last post, we must have posted at the same time :) HOW AWESOME. I'm glad people are looking out for the sweet guy!

Reactions: Darkevs

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Not a huge help but I'll pay the adoption fee for the rescue if someone tells me how to do it. It's tough seeing these guys and being a thousand miles away and there's nothing you can do.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Great News. I contacted the shelter this morning to see which rescue had taken him and Nikki from the shelter just emailed me back and said no need to pay the adoption fee because a family had adopted this boy. Thanks Krik for your watchful eye.

·
30,675 Posts
Great update!

Awesome that he has been adopted!!!!

So good of you to offer to pay the adoptiong fee KCFilly! You are a kind soul girl. :)

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Thank you. I would be willing to help if someone lets me know. I can't do it on all but I can on some. Sending an adoption fee is the easy way out. It's the rescues that have the often thankless, hard work. I'd love to try rescue but I often feel overwhelmed with my three. Maybe it will get easier when the pup is older or I get younger!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts