Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

Cribber or non-cribber

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok lets see how many cribbers we have. For those who may not know what a cribber is, some people call them suckers or nursers....

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Last night Mensa was trying to nurse off Katie. Katie stood there with a stupid look on her face. She had no idea what Mensa was trying to do.

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
Amber my alpha female has a vet blanket she keeps especially for sucking.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
only with this plush ball when she was younger...she started getting holes in the ball eventually...she doesnt do it anymore since she doesnt have the ball..but i miss hearng the snorts and breathing with her mouth wide open sounds! she also would fall asleep with it in her mouth

·
Registered
953 Posts
I've never seen Bruno suck on anything. So I went with no. He does CHEW that's for sure lol. But he's never just suckled anything.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Spirit is my only Sucker! Has done it all his life.. I have seen him pull a blanket out of the kennel and drag it through the whole house just to find himself a place to curl up and suck on the blanket.. Crazy dog..The girls just like to chew on things! PS thanks once again for remembering those of us who have more than one dobermann! Thanks

·
Registered
357 Posts
I have to say no... cause i havnt relly seen jack suck on anything.. but when he gets ahold of java's sheep he likes to nibble on the ear, Im suprised its not torn off yet.. but he does get awful soggie..

·
Registered
28 Posts
Cody has a piece of green vet bed that he carries about with him all the time, we call it his comfort blanket. He is my fourth Dobe over the years but the only one that has done it. My first Dobe, Elsa, would occasionally chew holes in her bedding, but she wasn't a sucker. Cassie and Abby never did it at all. His vet bed gets to really stinking sometimes but I have a job getting it off him to wash. My grandaughter, Kiah (3) has a piece of purple fleece that she carries about - we say she takes after Cody!!!!

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
So that's what it's called! Do any of your Dobes go into a stupor/daydream while they do it? Java started w/ the stuffie that came home w/ her from the breeder's, now does it with any of her towels. She doesn't actually suck it, just forms a ball and puts her jaw around it, and clamps down. Sometimes she will fall asleep like that during the day.

G

·
high quality, low prices

Rule No. 5 - No Self-Promotion
5) You will not post any messages anywhere on this site that are primarily for the promotion or advertising of any website, forums, email address, business, MLM, activity, or other entities that you have an affiliation with (ie. no self-promotion).

Edited by Kratty

1 - 20 of 38 Posts