Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm feeding my dogs raw now. It's been about a month so far. I was online looking for better prices than what I find at the local grocery stores. I type in online meat butcher for dogs or something like that. So, one of the websites that comes up says puppy beef. I'm thinking great and that it's a company that is catering to people who feed their dogs raw. WRONG. They are selling dog meat for human consumption online. There's even a part that says that some breeds taste better than others on the FAQ section. You have to register to see any of their contact info and prices etc.

·
Alpha SheepDog
1,366 Posts
Maybe that's why Nubis is not keen on my Asian neighbor and keeps an watchful eye on him.LOL

·
Registered
609 Posts
Sad to say but the dog meat trade is a large business in many other countries. How in America we have cows we eat, and cows we milk, ect.. They have dogs and then they have dogs for food. There are some very informative, Yet very disturbing videos online and even youtube depicting how this process works. Show caution if you do look into this on youtube, it can be hard to watch.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
People eat cow, horse, chicken, whale, dolphin, fish, even monkey brains (eww). Yeah it grosses me out, but different cultures see it as normal as eating chicken nuggets. I'm ok with it, as long as the animals are treated right, and put down humanely.

There is one country (I'm sure with a google search you can figure out who) that firmly believes that dog meat tastes so much better if that dog was scared sh*****s before killing it. THAT I do not agree with :mad:

·
Nub Enthusiast
392 Posts
I'm not totally opposed, and I get that other countries don't see them as pets, but rather as meat. I know that the cow is considered sacred in... India? I think it's India. So, it's obviously not something I'm about to fight or get offended by. It just creeps me out... but all meat creeps me, out! :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts