Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone advise me on what I'm doing wrong? We've been posting for two weeks, Gunner is 12 weeks. How can I fix this?
Dog Carnivore Dog breed Working animal Fawn
Dog Carnivore Dog breed Working animal Fawn
Gesture Finger Carnivore Thumb Nail
Dog Couch Comfort Dog breed Gesture
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Gesture Finger
Dog Carnivore Dog breed Working animal Fawn Gesture Finger Carnivore Thumb Nail Dog Couch Comfort Dog breed Gesture Dog Dog breed Carnivore Gesture Finger Dog Carnivore Dog breed Working animal Fawn

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
27,751 Posts
I'm not sure what you are referring to. If you mean the place where his ear folds back a little at the leading edge, that is supposed to look like that, though I suppose you could put the tape on a little more loosely toward the top of the fold so it is not quite as hard a "crease" (always wrap the tape loosely around the ear and then squeeze it together with your hand to make it stick to itself and the ear--that will ensure that you don't get the tape on too tight.)

Look at the back ear in this picture from our tutorial:

When you tape his ear, keep that part folded and tape it that way. Start with your first piece of tape as low down on the post as you can get it; run it up where the ear meets the top of his head; then around to the back of the ear and stick it onto the post, again as low as you can get it. Don't wrap it forward around the post.

That little curl is what helps support the ear and helps the ear to stand upright.

·
Big Lil pup
7,133 Posts
It's normal. The mistake somefolks make it to try and remove or flatten out what you are calling a "crease".

BTW... Gunner's ears look really great. He 12 weeks and you've been posting for 2 weeks? Well heck. You have only 4 or 5 months left to go! LOL

John L.
Portland OR

1 - 5 of 5 Posts