Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I managed to get a couple decent shots of Mensa catching the Frisbee yesterday.

She is CRAZY about Frisbees. Very focused.

She has worked her way up from the soft, fabric discs to real Frisbees.

I found a place on-line to get them real cheap. We use the ones that are mis-prints, they're only $1.60 each, and they're real Frisbees.

http://www.dtworld.com/category_s/213.htm

All this running around makes a Dobie thirsty:

And tired:

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
Top pictures as per usual Chaz,and the the link for that site is pretty appropriate too "dt world.com".The third airborne one reminds me of a certain Dobe named Nikita,Brilliant job Mensa.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Wow, those are fabulous pics, Chaz! Love her off the ground with the mountains in the background. So far, I haven't managed to throw the frisbee and take a pic in time. Thanks for that link. Maybe we should try out real frisbees, too. The cheap plastic ones are just snacks for Oscar...in fact so are the cheap nylon ones. Can't figure out why he has allowed this one particular nylon one to "live".

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You're right, Brum. Nikita's the Reigning Disc-Dobie champ around here, and Chihiro's pretty good, too.

I'm trying to keep the throws low, because Mensa's still young. And she helps me do this. If I screw up and toss it too high, she seems to lose it. She'll go where it's going to land and look around for it. Usually it hits her on it's way down.

Sooz, I had to take about 85 pictures to get the three that were any good. It's not as easy as you would think to toss the Frisbee and take a picture. I love digital photography. I can throw away the 95% that aren't so good, and only keep the decent ones. Kinda makes me look like I know what I'm doing.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Great photos, love the way she is so focused on the frisbee in the first shot. My two won't play with frisbees, so I have to chase it myself :sadcry:

·
just a member
2,996 Posts
Alright Chaz, another frisbee dobie in the making. That is so cool. Mensa going to be a natural at it in no time. Your right about no letting her get too much air at first. I had to teach Nikita to look up at first too, dogs just don't naturally look up when going after things. We used a ball at short distances, and I tossed it alittle higher to her just to start looking up for it. Keep increasing the height the more she looks up for it. Very soon, because these gals leran quick, she will start following it in the air. When you move back to frisbee, she'll start following it more. Great pictures.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Duchess will catch a frisbee.......if you throw it TO her lol. or slight angle...Ill give her more credit than I did lol. she is marvelous chaz!

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Great pictures, that's so cute that they provide a doggie drinking fountain.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Looks great! Poor tired girl. Make sure she rests comfortably.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts