Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Riley has a 42" crate with a nice bed that she normally sleeps in (door open). I've been noticing for a while that the plastic pan is cracked along the lines of the metal floor grid and needs to be replaced.

Looking online to find a replacment pan, I find the silly plastic pan costs nearly as much as the entire crate itself (Midwest 1642DD).

Anyone know a good source for an el-cheapo pan that will fit?

·
Registered
4,284 Posts
I don't know about the price but i saw that dog.com sold crate pans. I looked for so long prior to seeing that, that i just made my own out of a piece of plywood and blankets.

·
Registered
928 Posts
I also have a midwest and we sold them at the pet supplies plus I used to worked at. We could special order them but like you said, they're almost as expensive as the entire crate.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Did you try KV Vet Supply? They usually have pretty cheap stuff. You could also try Doctors Foster and Smith. Don't know if you tried these already but there worth a shot.

·
Registered
5,150 Posts
Just cut peg board (I think its called) the size of your crate bottom. It works great. Any board really!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks like the cheapest pan is from dog.com (of those I checked) for about $35 plus shipping.

Peg board... here I come.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts