Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I was doing my usual lovin' on Zeus while he was cuddled up next to me, I noticed that one of his paws has a crack in it! It's not bleeding and he has not been limping or anything. His movements are normal, and he ran around today at the park like usual. Is there reason to be concerned? I have a picture of his paw and a picture of the paw butter I put on it because it said for "dry and cracked paws". I had it in my myriad of pet-stuff I bought for "just in case" times. But if I should be using something different (or nothing at all) please let me know. Thank you!

20190728_034158 by Crystal Robinson, on Flickr

20190728_034411 by Crystal Robinson, on Flickr

First time using Flickr to post pictures, so hopefully everyone can see them. Thanks for the tutorial @Rosemary!

·
Super Moderator
21,257 Posts
That wouldn't concern me too much if it isn't bothering him.

Just keep an eye when you use that paw cream to see if he is licking too much :) I like both Musher's Secret and Tuf Foot when paw pads start to have issues, but if that stuff is working for you, use it!

·
Big Lil pup
6,149 Posts
Hi Gamer. Our dogs occasionally get cracks in their paws. I thinks it's because of a considerable amount of walking on concrete.

I use a Burt's Bees product Called Miracle Salve. Right now I have some on McCoy's nose. He likes to root in the dirt and some times the sides of his nose get real dry.

The nice thing is that he never licks it. But even if he did, it wouldn't make any difference. The ingredients are all edible.

https://www.burtsbees.com/product/miracle-salve/165-999.html

John
Portland OR

1 - 3 of 3 Posts