• Yes 4th Dobe

Votes: 12 6.0%
  • No 4th Dobe

Votes: 14 7.0%
1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
you mean along the bridge of the nose or along the back of the neck? the ones along the back of the neck are called "the mark of dictator" because it was rumored that dictator had one (though i dont believe he did)...

none of mine have ever had one...

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Raven is the only one in the family that has a cowlick or ridge down the back or her neck.. now Gypsy has neck flairs...

PS thank you for making the post for us with more than one Dobermann

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Isn't it interesting the different terms we all use, I grew up calling them cowlicks. The eyebrows we call them "pennies". I hadn't heard the term "kiss marks" till we moved to VA, and "thumb prints" had in the past (70's)
been frowned on!!!

PeeWee's Mama

P.S Frznbuns no problem :)

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
doberkim said:
you mean along the bridge of the nose or along the back of the neck? the ones along the back of the neck are called "the mark of dictator" because it was rumored that dictator had one (though i dont believe he did)...

There are also "swirly" cowlicks that pop up on the dog's body occasionally..the ones I've seen have been on their shoulder. They're circular, as opposed to being in a straight line like a zipper. I'm thinking I've heard them referred to as rose cowlicks.

None of the dobermans I've owned have had cowlicks. One of the puppies I produced had a small swirly one on one shoulder.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Well jack doesnt have any at the moment.. i sure hope he doesnt get any in the future LOL.. i know my cocker didnt have them..Until he had his first cocker cut.. now he has a couple down by his back hip area that are just annoying so i have to try to keep him either cut short or try to grow his hair out totally.. other wise he looks silly.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
maybe someone can explain it better...but they are when the fur or hair goes in a different direction...like on me...I have these annoying fly away hairs on each side of my forehead that will pop out and look like horns! lol the cowlicks on dogs each side of dogs butts is where the hair spins in a circle and doesnt know quite where to go.
coco's cowlick goes up the bridge on his nose...its the dark little stripe in this picture..

·
Registered
31 Posts
doberkim said:

I always called the ones on the back of the neck "manes".. must be the horse person in me! LOL:win2k:

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
BIB - it really looks like you put a little kids footie pajamas on poor little rommel's head. it looks like he is screaming GET THIS THINK OFFA ME!!!!!

sorry to digress, - no cowlicks here, but I'll let you know when all of Pollo's shaved hair grows back.

cc

1 - 20 of 110 Posts