Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

921 - 938 of 938 Posts

·
Registered
6,687 Posts
We're signed up, and one of us has already started the vaccine. Moderna, in his case. I don't have an appointment yet but I know my vaccination group is coming up sooner than expected.

My MIL made it out of the hospital yesterday. She is tired, but very glad to be home. This covid stuff is no joke for sure!
I'm VERY glad to hear that. My best to your MIL.

·
Premium Member
9,544 Posts
We're signed up, and one of us has already started the vaccine. Moderna, in his case. I don't have an appointment yet but I know my vaccination group is coming up sooner than expected.

I'm VERY glad to hear that. My best to your MIL.
Indiana came out with there protocol for vaccines , first round 80 and above , then 70 , then 60 and above , So it's starting to move in the right direction here , I did call the Doctors office and told them to get us on the ls to get get it , problem -- they don't have a list - LOL

·
Registered
6,687 Posts
Indiana came out with there protocol for vaccines , first round 80 and above , then 70 , then 60 and above , So it's starting to move in the right direction here , I did call the Doctors office and told them to get us on the ls to get get it , problem -- they don't have a list - LOL
In our case it's because of where we work, and our high risk. Husband's higher risk than me, but I'm still on campus 1-2x weekly. Folks who don't come into the office at all are likely very low on the priority list.

·
Registered
6,687 Posts
Got my first injection of the series today. It's the Moderna one, and I barely felt it. It's been a couple of hours and I'm still feeling just fine. They are keeping people for 15 minutes to be sure to avoid anaphylaxis.

I'll be happy to keep folks updated with how it affects me, if y'all want.

·
Premium Member
9,807 Posts
They just changed the order of when and who gets vaccines first--looks like vet clinic employees moved up on the various lists and my age alone moved me up to Saturday. But they don't yet have anything on where they'll be giving vaccines--at medical care locations--which is where I should be going since I've reacted to flu type vaccines in the past and am ancient (81) or at once of the huge sites like fairgrounds. Oh yeah, thats for Multnomah and maybe Clackamas counties. I can't keep track any more.

dobebug

·
Registered
3 Posts
Got my first injection of the series today. It's the Moderna one, and I barely felt it. It's been a couple of hours and I'm still feeling just fine. They are keeping people for 15 minutes to be sure to avoid anaphylaxis.

Such messages reassure me, I am terribly afraid of injections and vaccinations, but I understand that this is necessary. How do you feel now after two days?

·
Registered
6,687 Posts
Such messages reassure me, I am terribly afraid of injections and vaccinations, but I understand that this is necessary. How do you feel now after two days?
Yesterday was rough, but I have chronic GI issues and vaccines ALWAYS hit my gut hard. Today? I feel just fine. :) A little sleepy, maybe, but nothing amiss.

Something you might want to do: advocate for yourself. Figure out what might help you get through it, TELL the person administering that you're afraid of needles and you need X, and it should be easier. I tell every person administering an injection that I'm a needle weenie, and I don't want to know when they're going to stick me. Just keep me talking through it so my brain's occupied with the conversation. When I started that, I found the whole process much easier.

·
Got mutt?
13,727 Posts
Yesterday was rough, but I have chronic GI issues and vaccines ALWAYS hit my gut hard. Today? I feel just fine. :) A little sleepy, maybe, but nothing amiss.

Something you might want to do: advocate for yourself. Figure out what might help you get through it, TELL the person administering that you're afraid of needles and you need X, and it should be easier. I tell every person administering an injection that I'm a needle weenie, and I don't want to know when they're going to stick me. Just keep me talking through it so my brain's occupied with the conversation. When I started that, I found the whole process much easier.

Funny, I'm highly needle-phobic, and need to see what they are doing, otherwise I tend to do an anticipatory freak-out. Getting a shot in a location I can't see is harder than seeing it happen

Reactions: LadyDi and ECIN

·
Premium Member
9,544 Posts

Seen a picture of Faln posted up , I would say no side effects that I can see

·
Registered
6,687 Posts
Funny, I'm highly needle-phobic, and need to see what they are doing, otherwise I tend to do an anticipatory freak-out. Getting a shot in a location I can't see is harder than seeing it happen.
Ah, if I can see it, I flinch in preparation. If I don't see it, it's the whole out of sight, out of mind thing for me. :)

Seen a picture of Faln posted up , I would say no side effects that I can see

Attachments

Reactions: Rosemary and ECIN

·
Registered
6,687 Posts
And now I'm 3 days out from my first injection - I feel great. Yesterday I was a bit tired until I caffeinated (this is rare - I try to avoid caffeine unless I'm really struggling).

·
Premium Member
8,498 Posts
I saw my primary care Dr a couple of days ago and she said that the reactions means that the vaccine is working and to not take Advil/Motrin - she said tylenol is fine. My neighbor across the street just got the first one. Her husband had no reaction but she was sick as a dog the next day. He is a podiatrist and she works in his office, so they are much higher up on the list than me. I'm 1C as a diabetic here in PA...... waiting not so patiently for my turn!

·
Premium Member
9,807 Posts
I'm back in limbo--even though by age alone (81) and health conditions (an assortment) plus the fact that vet clinic just got upgraded to 1a status in Oregon (they've been up and down twice) and as an employee my status went up but then came the news that Oregon was not getting more vaccines next week and at this point it seems more lies were being told, by the powers that have been in the government that, thank heavens will be gone in only a few days.

Then it all remains to be seen--doesn't matter what your status is when there is no supply of vaccines to give to you.

BAH HUMBUG ah sez!!!!

dobebug

921 - 938 of 938 Posts