Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

901 - 920 of 938 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,493 Posts
Well I am going to have to break my covid bubble in order to take Hoss to his Ortho visit/surgery including follow up visits post op.
Really afraid to step out into the world but I have to or Hoss will be in pain and extremely lame.
Fortunately (yet unfortunately) everything is curbside at the Ortho. office.
I have one n95 mask and just ordered faceshields.
Chit..this is like a SI-FI movie.

Covid, covid please go away.
And please...
Never come back...
OK?

·
Super Moderator
21,505 Posts
If his appointment is curbside (outdoors) and everyone is wearing masks, you are really reducing the risks. Outdoors is much, much safer (especially with masks), and typically a curbside appointment really means a quick handoff - you're not standing next to someone for a long time "swapping air." Don't stress about it too much.

·
Premium Member
9,544 Posts
Don't stress about it too much.

That is easier said than done , lol Back in Aug. when I had to run LG to the ER at Fishers IN at 1 am - I was nervous as heck ! And the virus which at that time , I thought was bad then , is nothing to how to is today .

After I got there , I called in and they said it could be a hour or longer before they could come get her - So I got her out of her crate and laid her on my lap and she when right to sleep , in hindsight - this was not a smart thing to do , as I did not see the gal come out to get her and I had to open the door had hand her over to her and we were pretty close , both of us masked . I just could not let that baby Dober lay alone in the back of the Tahoe . I will say that night , the Dober - person bond started with us , she trusted me as I took care of her on my lap .

Just remember LDi - you can get this threw your eyes ! So I have been (TRYING ) not to touch my face when out , I even clean my face with a wipe . I cleaned the leads - anything and everything .

When I got home - I was not worried - it was really a non event and never worried I came into contact with it .The Gals at the VCA - were really professional and took care of the safety the best they could have .

Just think before you do something LDi And you will be OK

You will worry , I guarantee that , and when you get home - you will think - that was not to bad , I hope ! : ))

·
Premium Member
7,493 Posts
For the first time since march of last year I was able to order through amazon N95 level 3 masks.
These will do fast and they are a great protection from aerosols so buy them if you want them pronto.
Also ordered faceshields for us to wear in addition to masking.
Scott will just have to wear a “teal” colored shield band. He will love it!
Plan to do what nurses do...when I get home from vet visits due to Hoss ACL surgery ..as soon as I get home I will remove clothes on the BACK porch!!!
Maybe front porch if I really want to get crazy!! LOL
anyway...
Then head straight to the shower of which Scott will have running for me and disinfect my skin.
Covid..Ugg...now having a major surgery.
BUT at least I work at home 100 % ......thats good.

·
Super Moderator
21,505 Posts
I have had many vet visits during the pandemic. I have a husband who works in health care and know quite a few health care professionals. I don't consider it a "high risk" scenario - everyone is masked, it is outdoors, with very short contact. Keep in mind that there is a fairly high consensus now that we don't need to worry so much about "touch" contagion - yes, wash your hands, of course - as much as you normally would, but you don't need to worry the way people were at the beginning of the pandemic (all of the wiping down of groceries, all of that stuff). Still Disinfecting Surfaces? It Might Not Be Worth It

Remember that the staff at the vet's office are taking a lot of precautions, because they have to, in order to stay open, not get sick, etc.

·
Premium Member
8,498 Posts
Today my MIL went into the hospital with suspected Covid. She is 78, and otherwise healthy. She recently had to have a tweak to one of her eyes as it was blurry (sometimes happens after cataract surgery - quick laser zap to fix it)... we are wondering if that is where she might have gotten it. So we are currently waiting to hear the test results. She is in Florida, we are in PA.... and this sucks!
Well the Covid 19 test was positive - it has given her double pneumonia. She is staying in the hospital, and is doing fairly well as long as she isn’t walking - then she has a hard time breathing . She is getting a series of remdesivir treatments, and will hopefully go home in a few days. She spent Christmas Day with her daughter (my SIL) and family - so now they all have to get tested. They had rented a house in the NC mountains the day after Christmas - they just got back home to Florida tonight..... going for tests tomorrow. Ugh.

·
Premium Member
9,544 Posts
I have had many vet visits during the pandemic. I have a husband who works in health care and know quite a few health care professionals. I don't consider it a "high risk" scenario - everyone is masked, it is outdoors, with very short contact. Keep in mind that there is a fairly high consensus now that we don't need to worry so much about "touch" contagion - yes, wash your hands, of course - as much as you normally would, but you don't need to worry the way people were at the beginning of the pandemic (all of the wiping down of groceries, all of that stuff). Still Disinfecting Surfaces? It Might Not Be Worth It

Remember that the staff at the vet's office are taking a lot of precautions, because they have to, in order to stay open, not get sick, etc.
I have been thinking about Meadowcats reply here ! You all know what her Hubbies line of work is AND where does MC work ???? They have extra protection here with there connection with the Big Guy and I think we - With maybe not as good as connection , may not have that protection and need to be more safe ! LOL

·
Premium Member
9,544 Posts
This is a little old , and I forgot to post it up earlier , but seen it on the news yesterday and it is pretty good , Dr. Lee and move pretty well !

·
Premium Member
7,493 Posts
Bummer Fitz.
I am in St. Petersburg and the lines are very long for testing.
Private clinics will do a rapid test for couple hundred bucks.
One of my neighbors needed a routine surgery.
Had to have covid test before the hospital would perform the surgery.
He opted to pay the bucks so he could get his “elective” surgery.
Sending prayers your way.
Early treatment is essential with this Virus. Early meaning when you experience the first signs and symptoms.
Glad she is getting started with advanced treatments early.
You think your beating the virus and it and then it attacks other organs.
Gotta kick its azz early in treatment.
God bless everyone.

·
Super Moderator
21,505 Posts
I have been thinking about Meadowcats reply here ! You all know what her Hubbies line of work is AND where does MC work ???? They have extra protection here with there connection with the Big Guy and I think we - With maybe not as good as connection , may not have that protection and need to be more safe ! LOL
Ah, Ken...that's not how it works in the Lutheran church! Pastors are no different than anyone else...they just have better education when it comes to ancient languages, the Bible, etc. The idea is basically...we need to have one person who has special education on this stuff!

·
Premium Member
8,498 Posts
I'm heading into NYC tomorrow morning to find an apartment for my two 20 something daughters - we have our masks, gloves, hand sanitizer, and disinfectant wipes all packed in our small backpacks for the day. In the age of Covid, you have to wear full PPE (masks and gloves) to look at apartments - a few months ago you had to just do virtual visits..... no way would I rent an NYC apartment in Manhattan that way! Apartments in NYC are relatively cheap right now (everything is relative haha). They think they can get a 2 bedroom/1 bath in upper Hells Kitchen for $2800 a month.... a year ago it might have rented for $4000.

·
Registered
6,687 Posts
I know there was a bit of an exodus about 6 months after Broadway closed. That's probably why things are more reasonable now.

·
Got mutt?
13,727 Posts
And the side effect of the year from you-know-where.... I've gained 11 pounds since March, and my liver hates me. :(

·
Premium Member
7,493 Posts
Well got notice this morning that our medical practice will be contacting us to set up an appointment for Moderna vaccine.
This is the one that you get your shot , then another one in 30 days.
No guarantees so we will get the vaccines and stay in our bubble working from home.
Should hear something soon and will let you know how it goes after the INJECTION!!!

901 - 920 of 938 Posts