Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

881 - 900 of 938 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,498 Posts
Some people just won't get it till either they or someone they love gets really sick with Covid, and possibly dies. I've seen it over and over on the news.... these families that didn't take covid seriously till they lost a family member. I feel bad for them, but just want to knock them upside the head at the same time!

·
Premium Member
7,493 Posts
Scotts uncle “Bill” was admitted to the hospital One month ago.
Due to kidney disfunction they put him on dialysis last Wednesday.
As of today Bill is not responding very well at all so they discontinued his treatment.
Hospice is taking over his care.
His name is Bill....
Today his wife was admitted with pneumonia and tested positive for covid 19.
Her name is Penny.
So please add Bill and Penny to your list of prayers.

·
Super Moderator
21,505 Posts
Very sorry to hear this, Di.

·
Premium Member
7,493 Posts
Bad news.
Scotts Uncle Bill passed away during his transport today to the Hospice House.
The clinicians agreed to let his sister (Candy) visit Bill today after his transport To hospice Was completed.
Bill passed during his transport as his kidneys were failing (complications connected with his Covid 19 diagnosis) .
Meanwhile Bill’s wife Penny ....she remains in the hospital With pneumonia and covid 19. Penny has so many other medical issues we suspect she will follow her husband... Bill ....to the promised land real soon.
Bill was Pennys total support system for her medical care.
I pray for Penny to have peace today and forever.
Bills wishes were cremation and no funeral services.
So that will be done.
Scott and I plan to have our own memorial service for him ....just the two of us (Scott and I ) in front of our fireplace with Hoss.
Peace with with all of you today.
Bill favorite was “Farside Cartoons” .
So will look for some of those funnies today in memory of our Uncle Bill.

·
Super Moderator
21,505 Posts
So sorry to hear this.

Reactions: dax0402

·
Got mutt?
13,727 Posts
I'm so sorry, LadyDi.

My sister called me last night. Both of our brothers have tested positive. Jimmy wasn't feeling well last week, and went to the VA hospital, where he was tested. Bobby collapsed at the house a couple of days later, and they had to call the ambulance for him, and he was tested at the regular hospital. They are both back home. Julie didn't know if the other three people living in the house have been tested.

·
Super Moderator
21,505 Posts
Yikes, Rosemary.

·
Premium Member
7,493 Posts
Our Uncle Bill was fine till the last week of November Feeling stuffy.
About 1 week later started coughing .
So his daughter insisted he get tested.
Came back positive On a quick test.
So they retested him (2 weeks to get results) and sent Bill home with medical scripts.
Advising if the second test came back positive to begin the meds.
Well the coughing got worse way before the two week period was up so he started the medIcations while awaiting the second covid test result.
From the point of beginning to cough to 2 weeks later being admitted to the hospital.
Now here we are about 30 days from virus onset and Bill is gone.
We have watched this on the news (family folks passing away and unable to say goodbye to loved ones).
Watched some of our DT members experience the same.
Now it has happened to our family.
Will someone please wake me up from the bad bad dream.

·
Premium Member
Mocha
3,781 Posts
Our Uncle Bill was fine till the last week of November Feeling stuffy.
About 1 week later started coughing .
So his daughter insisted he get tested.
Came back positive On a quick test.
So they retested him (2 weeks to get results) and sent Bill home with medical scripts.
Advising if the second test came back positive to begin the meds.
Well the coughing got worse way before the two week period was up so he started the medIcations while awaiting the second covid test result.
From the point of beginning to cough to 2 weeks later being admitted to the hospital.
Now here we are about 30 days from virus onset and Bill is gone.
We have watched this on the news (family folks passing away and unable to say goodbye to loved ones).
Watched some of our DT members experience the same.
Now it has happened to our family.
Will someone please wake me up from the bad bad dream.
I'm very sorry, LadyDi.

·
Registered
6,687 Posts
A friend of mine and her husband ended up with it. He seems to have recovered fully but she's having kidney issues for the first time since her teen years. She's pretty sure she'll be dealing with this for the rest of her life, now.

I'm so sorry, LadyDi. I wish more people would be smart about this...it's terrifying how it affects every body differently.

·
Super Moderator
21,505 Posts
I was just out buying fabric at Joann - one of the things I have to do, because of course that's my job. Most of the staff there is simply amazing, they are super helpful, wonderful people. Today, the cashier that checked me out (who is also a great lady, but...)...she mentioned how she thinks this pandemic might be overblown, because Joann never closed. I simply said, well, my husband works in health care and I can tell you it definitely isn't. We chatted a bit - she knows me well - and at the end she thanked me for talking to her about it. I think there are so many people getting so much bad information that they are finding it hard to know what to believe. But this is what makes it so frustrating.

·
Premium Member
9,544 Posts
I was just out buying fabric at Joann - one of the things I have to do, because of course that's my job. Most of the staff there is simply amazing, they are super helpful, wonderful people. Today, the cashier that checked me out (who is also a great lady, but...)...she mentioned how she thinks this pandemic might be overblown, because Joann never closed. I simply said, well, my husband works in health care and I can tell you it definitely isn't. We chatted a bit - she knows me well - and at the end she thanked me for talking to her about it. I think there are so many people getting so much bad information that they are finding it hard to know what to believe. But this is what makes it so frustrating.
I'm sorry here --- But why would you -- ( we ) have to explain this to people that don't get it ?? Do they live under a rock ? Don't they see the health care workers breaking down on TV ? Don't they know somebody that has or does have it ? Hold the press right there Ken ! That may be the problem right there ! They do know somebody and it was not to bad to get , I have heard that here , oh they said, it was not bad and then they tell all there friends and then they say to heck with it and keep on going out .

For us ( on here ) that had friends and family that was not that lucky , well , that's why we get it .

Yesterday was a quick on-line pickup , the poor girl vented her feelings on this subject , she said she had never seen so much disregards to other people , no masks , no nothing and it was there rights to act like that ! She said it was NOT there right to , more or less kill her with THERE rights ! Then she said she was sorry for preaching to me , I told her preach on sister and I agree with her 100 % , btw -she was not close to me , she stood 20 feet or better from me and both of us were masked up .

Well bothers and sisters - that's my sermon for this morning , lol

·
Super Moderator
21,505 Posts
Well, Ken...I do think that's part of the issue. People that haven't been touched by it personally or have only heard of people with mild cases....people that are hearing the conspiracies theories out there or aren't getting quality news, right? I could have reacted poorly and gotten angry and confrontational, and she would have gotten defensive and dug her heels in. But I think because I was able to talk with her more kindly, to say things like...I know it's hard to know what to believe with all the things you read, there's so much confusion out there.... She was more open to listening to me. And she talked about how lonely she is, how she's depressed, how she's lost hours and work and is worried, her daughter is pregnant...there's a lot beneath the surface.

Believe me, I'm terribly frustrated. I want us to have a better, more cohesive national response. I want better support for businesses and people that are struggling so badly. I don't want the country to seem to indifferent to over 330,000 people who have died from this!

·
Premium Member
8,498 Posts
Lady Di, I'm so sorry to hear about your Uncle and Aunt. So many people that the vaccine will be too late for. I just want to scream whenever I read/hear someone say that it's not serious!

Today my MIL went into the hospital with suspected Covid. She is 78, and otherwise healthy. She recently had to have a tweak to one of her eyes as it was blurry (sometimes happens after cataract surgery - quick laser zap to fix it)... we are wondering if that is where she might have gotten it. So we are currently waiting to hear the test results. She is in Florida, we are in PA.... and this sucks!

881 - 900 of 938 Posts