Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

821 - 827 of 827 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Yes we are quite blessed to have an open space at our doorstep that no one else uses! Literally we see another human on "our" trails about once in 90 days....:) Everybody stay safe and enjoy Thanksgiving! I wish my family was better on Zoom<><>

·
Super Moderator
21,284 Posts
I'm not sure what reserves I have left in me anymore. The sadness and anger I feel is really sapping what I have left. I know someone in the ICU right now, probably dying of Covid.

And this is what is happening here.

We need to make the small decisions that may be individually hard for the greater good.

·
Big Lil pup
6,157 Posts
Things are pretty bleak here in Portland as well. We are locked down again.

My daughter in law is an oncology nurse and their hospital is sending seriously ill or dying patients to outpatient hospice care centers, where as of this week they can no longer allow visitors. Normally hospice workers would come to the hospital and these patients would be allowed some visitation. My DIL says these that folks could now be separated from family and friends during their final days.

Also, last time around, as a result of restricting elective surgery (which includes a lot of cancer surgery), they opened a COVID ward in the center, where she works. This will probably happen again. As it is, she is working 12 hour shifts today, Thanksgiving, and Friday. At least this go-around they are well stocked in the PPE department.

Also, our downtown is still reeling from all the violent and destructive demonstrations. Oops! Not PC! My bad... I meant "mostly peaceful protests" Ugh...

In any case. Happy Thanksgiving to all here on DT

John Lichtwardt
Portland OR

·
Premium Member
9,006 Posts
Here at the " Not " right fam - Friday --I seen something I had not seen since last March ! The sky was full of contrails ! There were 7 all on top of each other and they were headed south , with others in the distance . I just hope that for all thoughts people in them Jets - that Just HAD to see somebody - it was worth it as it could be the last time they seem them HAD to people .

I got really mad the other day -Wife asked what was bugging me ? I told her I am so mad at all these people that think it's there right , not to wear a mast , it's there right to have big parties , there right to have big or attend parties as it's them azzholes that have me in a lock down , I seen on TV , a expert said if , at the beginning , 95 % of the people would have wore masts , we would not be talking about a vaccine to save us from evil . IF they would have just practiced social distancing some what at first , we would not be talking about a vaccine now .

I just don't get it , to me - these people are only thinking about themselves , with total disregards to others , but it's there right to spread it and try kill me ?

I don't talk to any of my B-I-L ! One said ,well if you catch it - Will see what you are made of - That has to tie for the stupidest statement made so far ! The one it's tied with is ---- after the election is it will magically disappear after the election , still LMAO on that one .

MC - So sorry to read bout your friend !! But I afraid that there will be millions more in that shape after this holiday .

Be safe friends !

Doc

·
Premium Member
7,064 Posts
Doc, Selfish is the word.
Yep ,that’s it.
One of my sons old me the other day that I am very strict in regards to covid.
We are in a bubble Scott and I.
We work at home so No one in or out.
Just the two of us.
Still like working at home.
‘Yes I am strict , but I must admit I get weak at times to do something different.
Short lived because before you know it someone pokes me.
This forum helps a lot.

·
Premium Member
8,364 Posts
We were just 3 for Thanksgiving dinner - our bubble expands for our youngest daughters boyfriend so he came for dessert. I keep my distance from him and worry about it some as he bounces between two households - his parents have been divorced since he was a baby. Other than that, he is very cautious.
I am driving into NYC next weekend to pick up our other daughter so she does not have to get on a train. She is getting a covid test on Wednesday in order to come to Pennsylvania (and to our house), but really has not been out of her apartment much and works remote till who knows when. She will stay with us through the holidays. Her live in boyfriend will come home just before Christmas as he has to go into his office 2 days a week. His parents are 5 minutes from us and I'm sure they will make him get a covid test as well. He can't stay with us because he is allergic to dogs - haha.
I will drive my other daughter into NYC the following week so she can drop off materials from a graduate class to Fordham's manhattan campus. It's about 2 1/2 - 3 hours each way, but beats her having to ride both a NJ transit train and the subway right now.
I had never actually driven in Manhattan before Covid 19 - although I had driven in most of the other burrows.... Manhattan is a whole different animal - haha.

Reactions: ECIN and melbrod
821 - 827 of 827 Posts