Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

801 - 817 of 817 Posts

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Hoax routinely comes into our phone conversations.
So sad and extremely frustrating for us as his parents.
He is 42 and on his own so we have no option but to close him out of our bubble For now.
his actions used to make me sad but as time has gone by now I feel anger towards my son.
I want to apologize for my son. So please accept my sincere apology for his behavior.
So sorry it just makes me cry.
It’s almost like my son would have to deal with an extreme loss before it captured his attention as a valid concern.
That loss will NOT be us if I can Help it, but I still worry about all the other people Impacted.
Is there anyone out there that is dealing with this issue other than me.....non compliant adult children.
I feel alone.
Its been a long time since I have experienced such a level of dis-appointment towards my son.
Covid is killing so many people and I do not want it to end my relationship with my eldest son so I remain distant from him.
So far I listen to Michael Osterholm by remembering to forgive.
Some days are really difficult.
This thread helps me today just to write about my sadness......
I'm so sorry! I think many people are dealing with family members that don't think some things are real or actually happening. I'm dealing with my mom on some issues from the past few weeks and her covid thoughts. And she lives in Florida and is mad beacuse I would come for the holidays. And yes, I don't visit her enough. (she thinks its not as much of an problem as the media says--especially the death count)I'm going with the science. I teach Bio. She was very nasty to me the last time we talked. I don't know if things will ever be good again. Not by my choice, I try to accept our differences. I think situations outlines who people are and its sad to see people in that light sometimes. We can all hope this gets better

·
Premium Member
8,337 Posts
He is 42 and on his own so we have no option but to close him out of our bubble For now.
his actions used to make me sad but as time has gone by now I feel anger towards my son.
I want to apologize for my son. So please accept my sincere apology for his behavior.
It’s almost like my son would have to deal with an extreme loss before it captured his attention as a valid concern.
That loss will NOT be us if I can Help it, but I still worry about all the other people Impacted.
Is there anyone out there that is dealing with this issue other than me.....non compliant adult children.
I feel alone.
Its been a long time since I have experienced such a level of dis-appointment towards my son.
Covid is killing so many people and I do not want it to end my relationship with my eldest son so I remain distant from him.
I so feel for families that have such differences of opinion - so hugs to you, and I hope that once Covid 19 is just a memory that you will be able to repair that relationship.
I have 3 sisters and one brother. All of us girls (and most of our families) are being very cautious. My brother has a different political outlook and seems to skew his views to fit his party. However, I know that they are being cautious.... so obviously don't totally listen to the loony toon views. One of his sons has had to postpone his wedding that was supposed to be next month out on the west coast. We were not invited anyway, so it does not affect us - haha - but I feel bad for them.
My husbands family seems to be a bit split. His mom is very cautious as is one sister and her family. His other sister is totally out there - like born again super conservatives ..... I'm sure they think it is all a hoax. They live in a small North Florida town - super hick city. We don't have much contact with them.

·
Premium Member
7,049 Posts
Ba ha ha
That small north florida town is probably where my son is going Mudd’in with his ATV Friends.
Small world we live in......thanks for sharing Fitz.
Egads our small forum family has turned into therapy!!! LOL
Thanks folks.

·
Got mutt?
13,641 Posts
There have been a couple of school districts here that have had to go back to 100% online classes due to an uptick in cases, and several more across the sate have had to do the same. My son's school has had maybe half a dozen cases between students and faculty/staff.

I've seen very few people here not wearing masks in stores, and everyone was masked when we went to the lawyer's office on Friday. If I'm outside and away from people (walking the dogs or such) I usually don't wear one. I did wear one at the car show, because there were a lot of people there, even if we were pretty well spread out.

We have no plans to travel for the holidays this year, not to have anyone visiting us. My in-laws are in their 70s/80s, and I'd like to keep them around a while longer.

Reactions: TNfisher and LadyDi

·
Super Moderator
21,257 Posts
I keep reminding myself I can't control other people...

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
My school has been virtual all year, I don't see us going back until after Easter. People want their kids back in school, yet refuse to wear a mask....I don't get it.

·
Super Moderator
21,257 Posts
One of my friends just tested positive. Completely asymptomatic. Hasn't been doing unsafe things....the community spread here is so, so bad.

Our governor is holding a press conference tonight to announce new restrictions. I just fear it's not enough. The strain on health care right now is tremendous. Minnesota has activated our National Guard to help with the strain. At Mayo, 900 - 900! staff have tested positive for Covid in the past 2 weeks, and 93% of them got it out in the community, not at work. Can you imagine the impact that has on the functioning of the hospital? In other areas there have been the start of asking Covid-positive, asymptomatic nurses to continue working. That's where we're at, and it's like that in many parts of the country.

I read a post on FB from the CEO of a local hospital that was very poignant. He said "we have to be better than this." I just want to beg people...please.

Here's his full post. This really resonates with me:

facebook]andy.cochrane.982/posts/1302418130103057[/MEDIA]
Andy Cochrane
4d ·

Remember the outpouring of community support months ago for our “Healthcare Heroes?” We don’t hear much about that anymore. The amount of work, the amount of stress and the impact on hospital and healthcare teams is far greater today than it was in May and June. When I hear people question the severity of our current situation in hospitals, I admit that I get angry. When I read comments wondering “what’s the big deal?” and “there’s a 99.6% survival rate,” I want to walk those people through our ERs and our nursing units. The unwillingness of people in our communities to change their ways and do simple things that we know helps the situation is incredibly disheartening. We’ve been planning for months but what we didn’t plan for and what we couldn’t have anticipated was the general lack of care and concern for each other we see today.
More than anything, I am frustrated for our teams – the professionals who months ago were hailed as heroes and today are yelled at for not being prepared or for taking too long to provide a service. It’s not fair and it’s not right. I work alongside of some of the most remarkable and committed people I could imagine.
Remember how you used to hear that “we’re all in this together?” I can tell you that the same health care heroes that were applauded months ago are still doing amazing work and providing exceptional care every day. But they're hitting their breaking point friends. They need and deserve your support to impact a change because it doesn’t feel like we’re all in this together anymore. We have to be better than this.

·
Registered
9,573 Posts
I hear you MeadowCat--Oregon has it's problems too but compared with some of the states (Minnesota is an ugly example) we are in better shape BUT it makes me want to cry when I see posts from Oregonians who are entirely cavalier about the recommendations for making it through the pandemic unscathed. To say nothing of my reaction to those who still think that this is nothing to worry about.

Wishing everyone would pay attention to the recommendations for safety to get through this all.

I've ended up a virtual hermit and intended to stay that way--good thing I have my loaner Doberman, Joey and the kitties to talk to.

Take care--everyone--remember! wash yer hands, stay distant and stay well...

dobebug

·
Premium Member
Mocha
3,586 Posts
I feel alone.
I'm so sorry, LadyDi. I work with mostly middle-aged Army retirees, and almost every day, all I hear is how this virus is a hoax by the Democrats (not getting political here) to bring down the current president and how our freedoms are being taken away. I got really pissed off one day and I said FFS, no one's asking you to donate a kidney or stick a hot poker in your eye, only to wear a mask for the 10 minutes it takes you to go and buy your chips and beer.

And if I hear "my body, my choice" one more time I may go postal LOL

·
Premium Member
8,967 Posts
FFS ??? Boy you got me on that one TN LOL Send me a email of PM - I must have missed that memo ! LOL

As far as 10 minutes to buy chips and beer - they are DA's ! Even farm boy has figured that one out ! It's called on line - hit he little button on the key chain - hatch lifts , they throw it in and I'm out of Dodge ! AND -yes-- I have a mast on .

BTW - TN --- Ole buddy -- I love it when you get your hackles up , LMAO !

·
Premium Member
Mocha
3,586 Posts
FFS ??? Boy you got me on that one TN LOL Send me a email of PM - I must have missed that memo ! LOL

As far as 10 minutes to buy chips and beer - they are DA's ! Even farm boy has figured that one out ! It's called on line - hit he little button on the key chain - hatch lifts , they throw it in and I'm out of Dodge ! AND -yes-- I have a mast on .

FFS = For F&ck;s Sake

Email sent.
I've been trying my best to stay off FB and most news sites...because if I see one more Giuliani press conference I may have an aneurism and where would that leave Mocha?
;)

Reactions: ECIN and LadyDi

·
Super Moderator
21,257 Posts
Minnesota is under new restrictions as of today. I really, really hope it makes a big difference, because things are ridiculously bad. Record daily high infections and deaths. Restaurants and bars closed except for take-out, gyms, etc closed. And no gathering with anyone outside your immediate household, period. We shall see what happens.

I found out someone in my Doberman club lost her sister to the virus. And one of my good friends just tested positive - she's been incredibly careful. The community spread is so, so bad.

801 - 817 of 817 Posts