Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

781 - 800 of 817 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,049 Posts
Oh MC.
A freind of mine is a contact tracer for the department of health in Pinellas County.
She is assigned to the Long Term Health Centers.
She has also starting reviewing his podcasts ( last 4 episodes) and she finds his Podcasts as straight talk and accurate.
My friend also is aware of a lot information not being shared with our community and keeps telling me to listen to his advise No matter what I hear on TV.
Osterholm is already hearing all the news regarding emergency vaccine (90 %) effective. And he asks 90 % effective in what areas??
He is all I have to depend on for information along with my contact tracer friend.
I am so thankful you turned me onto his podcasts early on.

·
Super Moderator
21,257 Posts
Yeah but as I read about the “new team” I did not see Fauci mentioned?
Dr. Fauci is not leaving his post. He's the head of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases and has been since 1984. He will still be heavily involved in the fight against Covid-19 and will continue to advise the White House (probably more than he is now).

·
ಠ_ಠ
6,606 Posts
MD numbers are back up. Hooray. :\ I expect the state to be shut down again by Christmas.

·
Super Moderator
21,257 Posts
I wish I could get through to people - STOP gathering with others. That is what is causing this spread. Masks are not a guarantee, and they may be causing people to think they can do whatever they want. People need to put distancing and not gathering as the NUMBER ONE thing to do right now. Stay home. Don't gather with those outside your household indoors. You can go grocery shopping. You can run into Target. But you cannot go have dinner with friends at their house...these are exactly the things causing the astronomical spread of this virus.

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
25,062 Posts
An interesting point I heard from our governor today—if you want to have a family gathering (from a couple of households) for Thanksgiving, start self-quarantining yourself today. If everyone who shows up at the meal has already self-quarantined for 2 weeks, the likelihood of any transmission goes way down. (It goes without saying, of course, that they will stay home if they develop any symptoms during that time.)

Here in Colorado right now, we have a rate of 1 in 10 people who are tested showing up positive. (we've tested about 1/4 of the people in the state.) If you have 10 people, even if not all of them have self-quarantined, it brings the odds of getting infected go way down.

·
Premium Member
8,337 Posts
We are being so cautious. My oldest daughter (she is 24) lives in NYC and although it is only 2 1/2 hours from us, will not be coming home for Thanksgiving. She will be isolating after this weekend so that she can come home the beginning of December and stay through Christmas. She will just work remote from here - which she did for 4 1/2 months already this year - April through August. It will be the first Thanksgiving without her.

·
Premium Member
Mocha
3,586 Posts
Usually, my brother and his family come for Thanksgiving and we fly our Mom down as well but this year, it's not going to happen. I'm 60 and I smoked for almost 40 years, so I have no desire to catch it but most importantly, our mom is 81 and there's no way we want her traveling right now. This year, it'll be my wife and I; maybe our daughter will come for dinner but that's it.

·
Premium Member
8,967 Posts
As you all know - I'm not right , lol But I was thinking the other day ( thinking ! LOL ) that one way to bring down the numbers of new cases is just to quit testing , LOL Just joking !

Oh this tuff has blown up here in the Hoosier State - the other day blew right threw 8 thousand a day - maybe it was 8,400 ?

I am getting very tried of hearing and reading dumb chit about you can't be afraid and you need to live your life for today , as you may not be here tomorrow , OH B.S. ! LOL It's not that I'm afraid , but its just smart to protect yourself and love ones , I probably should touch on this but around here - People HAVE to go see somebody , grandkids are at the top of the list or they HAVE to go see a family member or the just HAVE to have a big family get together for T-Day and Christmas - then I read Mary Jo's post about the 22 year old -What a lose . One of these days , things may get back to some what normal - so what is a year out of my life to see many , many more and to enjoy ( Any way ,That's what I hope happens ) I must HAVE missed a memo or to about that special need to attend a family party LOL

Be safe my friends !

·
Premium Member
8,337 Posts
We normally go down to Florida over the holidays to spend time with family. We didn't go last year because we had just been down in October for a family wedding - so now we won't go this year either. I was there for a long weekend in January with my youngest daughter - she was interviewing for a graduate school program in Tampa - so that is the last time I saw family. My husband went down for a weekend in February to see his elderly mom, and his sister. I'm hoping we will be able to see them by late spring this next year - it is the longest I've ever gone without seeing my family. We are all being very cautious - my siblings are all older than me and are all between their early 60's to mid 70's. It scares the heck out of me that I could lose one of them and not be able to even see them.

·
Premium Member
7,049 Posts
Yeah.
I am surrounded by the same thing Doc.
This past weekend I DID NOT attend my grandchild’s birthday party.
BUT I did deliver packages to them last week as a pre birthday surprise.
Left the packages at the door. Kids loved the early presents.
BUT my party boy eldest son thought it was crappy that no one from his immediate family attended the party He threw at his home.
Tons of his friends drinking , eating, and swimming in the pool.
Cannot tell you how many people blew out the candles on tHe B-Day cake.
This boy is in denial.
But I just keep on keepin on.
Different strokes for different folks.
To bad this wreakless behavior has to result in deaths!!!!
Oh I get so angry with him...

·
ಠ_ಠ
6,606 Posts
Otherwise cautious and careful people I know have gotten sick. One is my hairstylist's husband, the other a friend. The latter is VERY sick, and was told if her blood oxygen level dips below 95 again she's to go straight to the ER. She's a healthy person with no other health issues.

I'm worried and scared for her.

·
Super Moderator
21,257 Posts
The community spread right now is out of control. People who are making poor choices are spreading it all over the place so that people who are being cautious are catching it in places they can't avoid. It's awful. I hope your friend starts to improve, faln.

·
Premium Member
8,337 Posts
Otherwise cautious and careful people I know have gotten sick. One is my hairstylist's husband, the other a friend. The latter is VERY sick, and was told if her blood oxygen level dips below 95 again she's to go straight to the ER. She's a healthy person with no other health issues.

I'm worried and scared for her.
It is scary out there for sure - hope your friend gets better quickly.

Reactions: TNfisher and LadyDi

·
ಠ_ಠ
6,606 Posts
This is why I'm so angry at all the traveling, all the parties, all the general socializing.

Another friend - someone who might not be taking this as seriously - stopped by Sunday. I told her the options were to be masked in the house or unmasked at either end of my large front porch. She was upset at this rule, but her risk level is MUCH higher than mine. She's been going to people's houses, going out to dinner, plus her kid's back and forth between her house and her ex's house, PLUS her boyfriend's an HVAC tech and is in and out of people's homes all day long. Husband and I basically go to work, go to the store when needed, and go to my MIL's house. That's it. We can't risk my MIL's health, so we're extra careful.

When people I'd consider intelligent are footloose and fancy free about this, it feels like none of us will get out of this unscathed.

·
Premium Member
7,049 Posts
Dr. Michael Osterholm podcasts will explain in detail.
But you have to listen to his initial podcasts as it broke down a lot information that you are asking about in regards to Covid.
Check it out.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Yeah.
I am surrounded by the same thing Doc.
This past weekend I DID NOT attend my grandchild’s birthday party.
BUT I did deliver packages to them last week as a pre birthday surprise.
Left the packages at the door. Kids loved the early presents.
BUT my party boy eldest son thought it was crappy that no one from his immediate family attended the party He threw at his home.
Tons of his friends drinking , eating, and swimming in the pool.
Cannot tell you how many people blew out the candles on tHe B-Day cake.
This boy is in denial.
But I just keep on keepin on.
Different strokes for different folks.
To bad this wreakless behavior has to result in deaths!!!!
Oh I get so angry with him...
Birthday parties totally freak me out right now....blowing out candles....what are they thinking?

·
Premium Member
7,049 Posts
Hoax routinely comes into our phone conversations.
So sad and extremely frustrating for us as his parents.
He is 42 and on his own so we have no option but to close him out of our bubble For now.
his actions used to make me sad but as time has gone by now I feel anger towards my son.
I want to apologize for my son. So please accept my sincere apology for his behavior.
So sorry it just makes me cry.
It’s almost like my son would have to deal with an extreme loss before it captured his attention as a valid concern.
That loss will NOT be us if I can Help it, but I still worry about all the other people Impacted.
Is there anyone out there that is dealing with this issue other than me.....non compliant adult children.
I feel alone.
Its been a long time since I have experienced such a level of dis-appointment towards my son.
Covid is killing so many people and I do not want it to end my relationship with my eldest son so I remain distant from him.
So far I listen to Michael Osterholm by remembering to forgive.
Some days are really difficult.
This thread helps me today just to write about my sadness......

781 - 800 of 817 Posts