Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

741 - 760 of 825 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,056 Posts
Did I hear HUGGING......E-cion...........no hugging dang it.LOL

Scott and I are on a vacation currently.
We are up in the mountains fo daily hiking is what we do.....
Not to many people around here.....we packed all food this year along with my crockpot.
Same here we have not had......any take out food or restaurants since February.....
While in the mountains we will have daily crock pot use.
So will start the crockpot.....
Go hike ....and when we come home WA-LA...dinners ready.
So all food routinely 100 % prepared by ourselves and both still working from home offices.
Love working from home a lot more productive IMO. No people thinking out loud..at least that’s what they call it.......
Nice and quiet at home unless Hoss spots a cat out of his bedroom window. LOL.......
We had serval stops on the way during this trip ...gas and rest areas and found everyone to be quite vigilant with distancing and/or masks. That was nice to see strangers being considerate of one another.

·
Got mutt?
13,645 Posts
It feels like everyone I know is taking a trip right now.

In the middle of a pandemic.

Some folks LEFT THEIR COUNTRY. Others are just in Disney, or on road trips, and I just.

I WANT TO HUG MY PARENTS SOMETIME THIS YEAR, OKAY? PLEASE STOP.
Only reason we went anywhere was a freaking hurricane. :(

·
sandy2233
2,435 Posts
This virus is doing what viruses do: evolving because of all the masks and hand washing. Just like the flu virus, just like bordetella for your dogs. You can vaccinate but you can still get the flu and your dog can still get bordetella. I know I was with some friends from Douglas Wyo not to long ago and he said Douglas was having a uptick on cases from the State Fair supposedly. They went from 2 to 11. Front page news. He's as disgusted as I am. I love his theory that if a fart can get through a mask, so can the virus. They cancelled the National Western in Denver and day before yesterday they cancelled the Houston Livestock Show. Sabotaging agriculture as far as I am concerned. I am not going to live in fear about dying. I'm almost 69. At this point in time, I will not shut down what is most important to me. When I come out of store, out come the clorox wipes. When I pump gas, out come the clorox wipes. I will be traveling to Louisville and the clorox wipes will be going with me on the plane. My niece got married in a 2000 A pasture and I went. Also went to her reception which was in her Grandpa's machinery shed. Goshen County would not let her use the fairgrounds as planned. And you know what, nobody got sick and nobody died. 350 people there...no masks. Just got back from Grand Island, NE. 800 entries in the hogs, 500 in the sheep, 300 in the goats, didn't get to see steer information. No masks and nobody got sick. And trust me if they had it would have been in the show magazines. Getting ready go to Kansas City for the American Royale. And instead of worrying about dying, I am going to grateful for living and that those venues have opened up. See my good friends from around the country. Some aren't making the trip because they passed on last year from unrelated issues from Covid. And had they not come or I had not come, I would never have gotten to see them before they died. And to get to see my grandkids "Goin Showin" You have to LIVE life. Every moment is precious and once it's yesterday's news, it's done. You can't get that back. Had a good friend get covid from work, everyone masked up. And she still got it. Getting back to if a fart can get through that mask, so can covid. All they gave her is Tylenol and decongestants. Two weeks at home. And she's fine. this mass hysteria from the media has got to be shut off. They are the virus.

·
Premium Member
8,991 Posts
Good Morning Sandy ! I have always enjoyed reading your posts here on DT . I do understand where your coming from - Like I said - I feel like I'm losing the battle here - that is not to get sick . But to respond to your post - I'm a one horse show here - somedays more like a half a horse :grin2: I'm the only one to plant and harvest + take care of my wife and our 2 Dobermans - If I get sick now and say with good luck and get well in 3 weeks , still with lots of acres of corn to come in , that puts me into Nov. and the weather change is coming . I hate to harvest in mud or super cold frozen ground .

I think there is and can be a happy medium somewhere and I will be looking into that this week .

As far as your comment of afraid of dying - Oh heck me either LOL but I do worry about getting sick for 3 weeks in my occupation , we are few and far between :grin2:

Best of luck at KC ! keep me posted on how you all do

·
Registered
6,610 Posts
Only reason we went anywhere was a freaking hurricane. :(
natural disasters do not a vacation make. no, i'm referring to the nitwit I know who flew his family to Mexico. and the other nitwit I know who just got back from Disney.

·
Registered
6,610 Posts
So Fal , your say n that you were not calling Rosemary a nitwit ? Lol

Clearly.

Trips for fun? Not cool right now. Trips out of necessity? Not what I'm talking about.

·
Got mutt?
13,645 Posts
We'd had several long weekend sightseeing trips planned for the summer that didn't happen. :( We were going to go back and spend some time in and around Mineral Wells (google the Baker Hotel....), as well as visiting several historic Texas county courthouses, and maybe follow Farm to Market Road 1.

At least we got to visit the Pea Ridge Military Park. I hadn't been there in probably 45 years (our weekend wanderings didn't usually take us that far north, since most of my dad's family lived around the Ft. Smith).

·
sandy2233
2,435 Posts
Good Morning Sandy ! I have always enjoyed reading your posts here on DT . I do understand where your coming from - Like I said - I feel like I'm losing the battle here - that is not to get sick . But to respond to your post - I'm a one horse show here - somedays more like a half a horse :grin2: I'm the only one to plant and harvest + take care of my wife and our 2 Dobermans - If I get sick now and say with good luck and get well in 3 weeks , still with lots of acres of corn to come in , that puts me into Nov. and the weather change is coming . I hate to harvest in mud or super cold frozen ground .

I think there is and can be a happy medium somewhere and I will be looking into that this week .

As far as your comment of afraid of dying - Oh heck me either LOL but I do worry about getting sick for 3 weeks in my occupation , we are few and far between :grin2:

Best of luck at KC ! keep me posted on how you all do
We are home. Kids had baseball and softball games so we did an all nighter coming home. Left KC at 7:30 pm and pulled into our yard at 3:15 am. Kids made it to games. I was about dead. Afraid to go to sleep because I was trying to keep son & wife awake while they were driving. Too old to do that anymore. I remember a sheep national in Wausau Wisc. That took us 23 1/2 hrs straight thru. Then oldest son had an emegency appendectomy while we were there. Anyway, show was good to us. Grandson had 3 sheep entered. One 1st, 2 seconds. Got in 3 Division Championships. Goats didn't do as well. No showmanship awards either. Granddaughter did fair with her sheep. Entries were tripled what they normally are. Classes were 30 to 40 deep. Usually 18 to 20. Straight across. Sheep, Goats, Steers and Hogs were way up. That will be the last American Royal at that location. They are building a new arena closer to the airport. Hope they research Grand Island's Facility. That is a dream. Onsite trailer parking (no charge) onsite vehicle parking (no charge) easy peesy unloading and loading for multiple rigs. And the nicest staff we have ever run into. Masks were in play, but it wasn't hard to comply. I was grateful to be able to watch the kids show. So glad they opened it up for extended family. Had a very good friend that was a vet at our clinic that had moved to Drexel MO and she drove in to see me. So that was a plus for me. Fires are still burning. First time in my life I am wishing for snow. Because that is what it is going to take to put them out. I remember when Yellowstone burned all summer and didn't go out til winter hit. Take care.

·
Premium Member
8,356 Posts
We made our decision to go on our road trip very last minute - we planned it for awhile, but just didn't make any hotel reservations till about a week before. We put over 5000 miles on my husbands company car in our trip from Pennsylvania out to Yellowstone and back. We seriously social distanced, stayed to ourselves, wore our masks, and were generally very careful. We did eat dinner out most nights - but ate outside socially distanced as much as possible. When outdoor dining was not possible, we either got take out or really made sure the restaurant distanced the tables and wore masks. We so enjoyed our trip - it was really needed! Now we have been home for just over a week and are staying away from everyone (except our daughter that lives here) for two weeks. I'm not going to dog training and my husband is not doing his swimming club. If everyone would just follow the recommendations of wearing masks, social distancing, and hand washing, I think we could get back to some semblance of normal life sooner.

·
Premium Member
7,056 Posts
Noticing I have developed a new habit since covid.
Now that we work at home, that required a paper shredder.
I find myself shredding every piece of unnecessary paper that comes through the mail or any other place.
Never been a shredder before....now I am obsessed with shredding.
Go figure.....

·
Dobes Dobles +1
Eva 10 y/o Dobe HADR, Lanah Chi-Cairn X 6 y/o, RIP Sunking's Spock, Lillah Chi-Terrier X
3,875 Posts
Noticing I have developed a new habit since covid.
Now that we work at home, that required a paper shredder.
I find myself shredding every piece of unnecessary paper that comes through the mail or any other place.
Never been a shredder before....now I am obsessed with shredding.
Go figure.....

We'll just have to start calling you Eva!
Back in Jul 2012 on DT, I posted this picture...

New Art Piece, Entitled "Doberman Collage", by Eva the Doberman (a.k.a. The Shredder)

·
Super Moderator
21,273 Posts
Schools in our area are rolling back to distance learning for middle and high school...cases have gone up too much. I'm just weary.

·
Premium Member
8,991 Posts
Good morning everybody - Thought I had better check in here : )))) I don't know about all you others out there - But Ken ---- Is SSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOO over this crap ( c-19 )

It sure was a different harvest this year , 1st -- No help until the end , but at the beginning - it was only me , It took me back to my younger years , one day I had to walk from the field to the shop to get the semi , not quite a quarter mile - it was so quiet - no jet traffic flying over , no cars - just birds singing , you just don't realize how much noise there is in normal life , till it's not there .

Then there was moving time from field to field , Norm or I would ride in the back of the pickup , nobody inside - there was a few cool rides LOL . Nobody riding in the cab with me , that i did miss , I was getting tried of singing to myself : ) Then any time we were within 6 to 8 feet f each other at the dump pit , we had masks on . All communication was done over the phone . We are not real socialites here , lol but I will be honest here , it is starting to work on me , No trips into the fert plant , No trips into the dealerships - they bring out your parts and put them in the back of the truck and give a wave and thats it . No neighbors stopping by ! That one really hurts = not B.Si. ing !

Our circle is only the Dobers and my wife , thats it . I called our Vets office yesterday - I asked Kristy how things were going - she said Ken , it is terrible here ! More and more people are yelling at them non stop , Its not good there . All to the virus , people are tried of sitting out in the parking lot , then trying to call in to tell them they are there , it goes on and on . I know it was hard not to go in for little girls first shots there and exam . Please be nice to the office help at your Vets office , they didn't ask for this either !

I did a on-line pick up yesterday afternoon - this was a first , I always go at the 7 to 8 am pickup , yesterday it was 1 to 2 pm , the same man loaded me and first he asked was , Ken - what are you doing here know ? you always come in early - I told him it was suppose to be heavy rain , so I come a day early and in the afternoon , he was laughing , made good since to him he said ,, but what got my attention was , with the early morning pickup , the parking lots is always pretty empty , yesterday afternoon ?????? It looked like back in the good ole days - it was packed ! As I pulled in - I was talking to my neighbor and told him the Wal Mart lot was full and added that after seeing that , I don't think there really is a virus problem - surely not all the people in there could be wrong , could they ? LOL - he called me a dumbazz and we laughed and laughed , it was like everything was normal .

I have learned more about tech. stuff , I have lots of friends that are non farm people , when I did a face time with them -- live from the combine - they just could not believe it ! they loved when I revered the view so they could see the field - the machine working , it was like they were riding with me , they loved it , and so did I , I could see them - I had a face to talk to .

Then there was the million phone calls - LOL - So if I bugged any of you with them , But Ken just needed somebody to talk to : )))))) And thank you all for putting up with me LOL

Well better go , Little girl is telling me she is ready to eat .

Have a great day and be safe

Ken

·
Premium Member
7,056 Posts
It was not until I came onto this forum that I learned so much about farming and so many other countries things I have not experienced being a born and raised city slicker!
Thank you Doc for being our friend.
Your special.

·
Super Moderator
21,273 Posts
Ken....I feel you. I'm really, really frustrated with people not being able or willing to follow simple guidelines. We'd be in a much better position with lower case numbers if people could simply think about the collective good, rather than themselves. I overheard a conversation yesterday with someone saying that it was really just the elderly dying, so it was no big deal. I thought, really? I don't know about you, but I sure care about my grandmothers. And I really hope someone cares about me when I'm elderly. And this morning I watched a coworker walk into the building without her mask, yet again. They are required in all areas of the building unless you are alone in your office with the door closed, per state mandate. It's really not a hard thing, and not a huge inconvenience. For the five minute walk through the common office area, could you not do something so small to help protect the rest of us? (This is the same person who "hangs out with a bunch of neighbors", "had 20 teenagers at her house" etc.).

The one thing I have to do all the time is go to Joann Fabric. It's unavoidable, as I have to run my business. I'm careful to keep a good distance from others, masks are required, and I try to go at times the store isn't crowded. But I'm SHOCKED at how many people simply don't pay attention to distancing....I mean, really, people. If I'm waiting to have fabric cut, don't stand 2 feet away from me when there's a whole store....I'll step away to get distance, and they follow! I end up having to move my cart between us. I swear, only dog people know what 6 feet is! I prefer even more than that, but I take what I can get.

In any case, I'm quite disheartened.

·
Got mutt?
13,645 Posts
Luckily, it seems that most people here are following the state mask mandate. Not everyone is wearing them -correctly-, but most people are, so that's something, at least. Even with that, there are still hot spots. :(

I have some sensory issues, and had about 5 seconds of flat out panic when putting my mask on the other day to go into the grocery store. It wasn't the one I normally wear, it was a different color and the fit wasn't the same.... Guess I should practice wearing different ones, so that it doesn't happen again.

·
Premium Member
7,056 Posts
MC I also understand your frustration.
My biggest sadness at this time is observing my eldest son and his ongoing activities.
His wife RUNS an oncology clinic.
She has advised my son to not worry about covid because she’s not worried,therefore he should not be worried.
So life is like normal for their family. Party’s, ATV camping/parties, etc.
Soooooooo
He called his younger brother the other day (my youngest son)regarding a big birthday gathering.
Older son asked my younger son if they would attend.
My youngest explained only if it was a small family gathering and held outside.
My eldest responded ...Oh your still worried about that Covid thing.......and it turns out its just a big party.
No restrictions at all.....
The younger son stuck to his plan and replied he would not attend because they are following Recommended guidelines.
So my two sons are once again at odds with one another......
I am so disappointed with the older sons behavior.
He has always been so giving to others over the years, but just will not give up his lifestyle during this crisis.
I have shared Osterholm and every fact I can find and he remains in denial.
It’s just selfish and I have NEVER seen this side if him..........
So sad but we keep our heads up and live by example.
I am so sorry everyone that he does this.........just makes me cry sometimes and other times I just want to poke him!!!
So afraid of isolating myself from him and the kids if I raise a fuss with him.
In turn we just keep praying for a vaccine that will end this mess we are all in today.

741 - 760 of 825 Posts