Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

721 - 740 of 749 Posts

·
Got mutt?
13,598 Posts
Well, the bus came at 6:30, and he put a mask on and went... it's now noon, and I haven't gotten a call yet to come get him, so I guess he's doing okay. They get out at around 2:30, and he'll probably be home sometime between 3:00 and 4:00.

Meanwhile. I'm cleaning my fridge, and thinking that, when parts of it are quite literally held on with duct tape, that it miiiight be time to start considering replacing the 25 year old thing....

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
24,802 Posts
they don't make them like they used to—it's definitely worth hanging on to old appliances, especially if their woes are more or less cosmetic.

·
Got mutt?
13,598 Posts
One door shelf edge is held on with duct tape, and the bottom shelf edge is just a doubled up piece of duct tape stretched from one edge to the other. Someone used to slam the door open against the wall, and then slam it shut again as many times as he could before we got to him whenever he had a meltdown, which broke the supports for the edges (and sent condiment bottles and whatnot raining onto the floor...). One door shelf also has a crack it it.

It would probably cost as much to get the door gaskets replaced (which it desperately needs) as it would to get a new fridge.

·
Premium Member
8,705 Posts
On a Cherry note ! After the elections ——————- it will all go away :grin2::grin2::grin2::grin2::grin2::grin2::grin2:

Btw that is. A joke to make you all smile :grin2::grin2:

·
Super Moderator
24,802 Posts
One door shelf edge is held on with duct tape, and the bottom shelf edge is just a doubled up piece of duct tape stretched from one edge to the other. Someone used to slam the door open against the wall, and then slam it shut again as many times as he could before we got to him whenever he had a meltdown, which broke the supports for the edges (and sent condiment bottles and whatnot raining onto the floor...). One door shelf also has a crack it it.

It would probably cost as much to get the door gaskets replaced (which it desperately needs) as it would to get a new fridge.
Yeah, it's ridiculous what they charge for replacement parts. The metal bar which holds things on one of the door shelves got bent enough that it wouldn't stay in its slot (so it didn't hold anything in)—- basically by the same method your things were broken.

It would have been something like $50 to replace it with an official part…

·
Super Moderator
24,802 Posts
From a friend in England—

He says that depending on which American news network you watch, there's either a dictator emerging, or riots are burning down the country. According to the BBC, there are a few protests, and a promise from McConnell that there will be an orderly transition. He says he doesn't know what to believe.

That's supposed to be humor too, ECIN. Jokes are few and hard to come by these days.

·
Got mutt?
13,598 Posts
Yeah, it's ridiculous what they charge for replacement parts. The metal bar which holds things on one of the door shelves got bent enough that it wouldn't stay in its slot (so it didn't hold anything in)—- basically by the same method your things were broken.

It would have been something like $50 to replace it with an official part…
Yeah, that thingie is what's held in with tape. The freezer door have one held in with tape, as well.

·
Super Moderator
21,122 Posts

·
Da Boss
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #732
I worry about Newtie when/if we have to go back to the office. We leave him alone when we go to dinner and stuff like that, but that's very different than the many hours of a work day. But I figure we did it once, we can do it again! I love having him around during the day and think I'll miss him as much as he misses me when things change back.

·
Premium Member
8,282 Posts

We replaced a 10+ year old refrigerator about 3 years ago - they are so much more energy efficient and will save money on your electric bill. Heck, we replaced our 16 year old HVAC last year and saved about $100 a month during the AC months of summer (we have propane/gas heat) - definitely worth it!

·
Got mutt?
13,598 Posts
Energy efficiency improvements are another (big) reason I'm considering getting a new one next spring.

We have level billing for our electricity, so replacing our HVAC system last year didn't make that big a difference in what we had to pay.

·
Super Moderator
21,122 Posts
Well... things seem to be exploding all around us. Minnesota is still (relatively) okay...and I say relatively as the entire nation is basically going up and up and up in cases.

But Wisconsin and South Dakota are exploding in cases. Wisconsin in particular is awful. They opened a field hospital because their hospital capacity is getting tight (https://www.twincities.com/2020/10/07/wisconsin-activates-field-hospital-as-covid-keeps-surging/?utm_email=C485243C6421A4593562F4296F&utm_source=listrak&utm_medium=email&utm_term=https://www.twincities.com/2020/10/07/wisconsin-activates-field-hospital-as-covid-keeps-surging/&utm_campaign=stpaul-morning-report&utm_content=manual) and they've implemented new restrictions (https://www.twincities.com/2020/10/06/wisconsin-governor-restricts-public-indoor-gatherings/?utm_email=C485243C6421A4593562F4296F&utm_source=listrak&utm_medium=email&utm_term=https://www.twincities.com/2020/10/06/wisconsin-governor-restricts-public-indoor-gatherings/&utm_campaign=stpaul-morning-report&utm_content=manual).

I worry, because we have plenty of people coming across the border into Minnesota to do stuff here in MN. And the covid "weariness" has set in, with people simply ignoring safety precautions.

I feel we are in for a long winter, with a huge uptick in disease. The church I work for just reopened for indoor worship. I'm not particulary supportive of this, but it's not my call. We're restricting numbers, people are distanced inside, but...I wouldn't go, and I sure don't want to be there. I'm worried.

·
Super Moderator
21,122 Posts
And...I have to go into the church office for work all of next week. Again. Sigh.

·
Super Moderator
GOT's Kal-Drogo The Horseman (Drogo), CGC, 7 years; RIP Baron, Miley, Dax, Lonesome, Baron #1
18,186 Posts
Well... things seem to be exploding all around us. Minnesota is still (relatively) okay...and I say relatively as the entire nation is basically going up and up and up in cases.

But Wisconsin and South Dakota are exploding in cases. Wisconsin in particular is awful. They opened a field hospital because their hospital capacity is getting tight (https://www.twincities.com/2020/10/07/wisconsin-activates-field-hospital-as-covid-keeps-surging/?utm_email=C485243C6421A4593562F4296F&utm_source=listrak&utm_medium=email&utm_term=https://www.twincities.com/2020/10/07/wisconsin-activates-field-hospital-as-covid-keeps-surging/&utm_campaign=stpaul-morning-report&utm_content=manual) and they've implemented new restrictions (https://www.twincities.com/2020/10/06/wisconsin-governor-restricts-public-indoor-gatherings/?utm_email=C485243C6421A4593562F4296F&utm_source=listrak&utm_medium=email&utm_term=https://www.twincities.com/2020/10/06/wisconsin-governor-restricts-public-indoor-gatherings/&utm_campaign=stpaul-morning-report&utm_content=manual).

I worry, because we have plenty of people coming across the border into Minnesota to do stuff here in MN. And the covid "weariness" has set in, with people simply ignoring safety precautions.

I feel we are in for a long winter, with a huge uptick in disease. The church I work for just reopened for indoor worship. I'm not particulary supportive of this, but it's not my call. We're restricting numbers, people are distanced inside, but...I wouldn't go, and I sure don't want to be there. I'm worried.
Numbers in PA are going up also. Especially in the counties where there are big colleges. The county where Penn State's main campus consistently has triple digit numbers every day. UGH! No one is taking this thing seriously anymore like you said. People are weary of it but that is not going to make it go away. Our church opened up about the beginning of August for indoor services and we have not gone yet. We always go on a Saturday night when there was only a consistent maybe 20 people, if that. So we could go feeling comfortable with social distancing and masks but my concern is how are they giving communion? Hubby and I are still staying home pretty much except for groceries, gas, hair cuts, and most important obedience classes for Drogo! LOL!

·
ಠ_ಠ
6,561 Posts
It feels like everyone I know is taking a trip right now.

In the middle of a pandemic.

Some folks LEFT THEIR COUNTRY. Others are just in Disney, or on road trips, and I just.

I WANT TO HUG MY PARENTS SOMETIME THIS YEAR, OKAY? PLEASE STOP.

·
Premium Member
8,705 Posts
I'm SSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOO Proud to report that Indiana moved to Stage 5 and opened everything up to 100 % capacity and with that - We set a new high in reported cases yesterday of 1,400 + - This makes me so proud to be a Hoosier !

We still have not been in a store since March 2nd , feel like we are fighting a losing battle .

Fal - Big hug from me to you , if that helps any :grin2:

721 - 740 of 749 Posts