Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
eBay-ing at 4am is dangerous :p
It's a cool sign.

There is controversy over signs like that, just so you know. If somebody goes into your back yard and your dog attacks them the sign can be used against you because having one of that nature is admitting that your dog is dangerous (or something like that). Just an FYI.

That being said, I have a "Beware of Dog" sign on each gate into my backyard. They were put up by the people who owned the house before me and I have yet to take them down. Also, posted near each entrance into the house is some sign indicating that I have a doberman in the house (but none of those are warning signs).

·
Banned
1,141 Posts
I need one that says "Beware of dog POOP"
the doglet is in the house napping most of the time but still poops in the backyard

·
Alpha SheepDog
1,366 Posts
Signs like that are great within your house, but outside, only adds fuel to the restricted breed fire.
I have only a "Beware of Dog" sign to satisfy bylaw.
Most criminals, will case your place out first and once they see, a Doberman, will move on, to an easier target. If its an random attack, they would most likely not see the sign, even if it was a flashing billboard.

Reactions: Beaumont67

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
Beware of Dog signs can also cause potential liability in a lot of states as it's interpreted as the owner admitting they have a dog with an aggression problem.

The sign I have is totally neutral: DOGS ON PREMISES. I'd never put anything else where the general public could see it.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I txt'd my atty friend to find out the specifics, but I think anything goes here in Alabama. I have seen them that say nevermind the dog, beware of the owner lol. I saw a good one also that said, ''I can get to the fence in 3.3 secs, can you?"

·
Registered
158 Posts
Alabama law says if you do not have legal reason to be in my fenced yard, my dog can bite you and I am not liable for your bodily harm because you are breaking the law in general for being there. There's nothing mentioned in the code about warning signs. That from my attorney friend.

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
Alabama law says if you do not have legal reason to be in my fenced yard, my dog can bite you and I am not liable for your bodily harm because you are breaking the law in general for being there. There's nothing mentioned in the code about warning signs. That from my attorney friend.
Then you're lucky. In the state where I live, there are very few situations where you're NOT liable for a dog bite-even if it occurs behind a locked gate.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Then you're lucky. In the state where I live, there are very few situations where you're NOT liable for a dog bite-even if it occurs behind a locked gate.
Not bragging about it, but in this state it is likely that if you get past the dog you will likely get shot :D ...and as long as you're not running away, that is perfectly legal as well.

·
Registered
6,938 Posts
Wow!

I read an article once about a homeowner who was in the process of doing some remodeling on the interior of his home when a man broke in and fell down because he tripped over something that was on the floor being used in the remodel. The burglar sued for his injuries and won.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
I have a "spoiled rotten Doberman lives here" sign its pretty neat, made out of wood and has a dobe on it.

Reactions: Nubis'sDad

·
Registered
705 Posts
Shadowolf- I've seen a sign like that before!

I have one that says- "watch out, Dobermann about." I bought it while visiting my mom in Englad. I dont see it as threatening because of the wording of it, but that is just my opinion.

I think on the other hand, you would get in trouble for not having a sign about your dogs. I guess really people will try to get you no matter what you do nowadays.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Shadowolf- I've seen a sign like that before!

I have one that says- "watch out, Dobermann about." I bought it while visiting my mom in Englad. I dont see it as threatening because of the wording of it, but that is just my opinion.

I think on the other hand, you would get in trouble for not having a sign about your dogs. I guess really people will try to get you no matter what you do nowadays.
indeed, everyone is sue happy these days. Mine looks similar to this one Amazon.com: "A Spoiled Rotten Doberman (Brown) Lives Here" Wooden Signs: Everything Else I figure they see the sign and hear Odin bark, no one is going to think twice about entering my place lol.

Reactions: Nubis'sDad
1 - 17 of 17 Posts