Hi, I'm new to Doberman Talk but not new to dobermans. We had a black male for 11 years and then after him, a red female for 8 years. The male passed away from an aggressive cancer and the female passed away from Copper Storage Hepatopathy. The Copper Storage Hepatopathy was something I hadn't heard of or dealt with as our dobies have always been just companions and not show so there wasn't a reason to do a much of continued testing. Long story short, I have been researching breeders and the pedigrees in their breeding lines for the best possible health history in hopes of not losing another dobie when it's still fairly young. I found 2 breeders...one local & 1 out of state I really like. Long story short, one has a pup now for me but the wrong gender I wanted, but the other's dog is just going into heat now so there's no pups yet and this'll be the dog's 1st litter and this particular breeder's first litter (although she's had dobermans for years and has several mentors working with her). Assuming all the stars align, everything works out and goes well, and that female gets pg and successfully delivers a litter with a pup that fits both the breeder and my desires (a good breeder/new owner fit)...if I get that pup too...I'd have a male that'd be about 3-4 months older than the female (which also means he'd be with us about 3 months before the female came to us). What's your thoughts?? I could pass up a pup and continue on a waiting list and hope the other new breeder is successful...or get this pup now and then see what happens from there...I also have an old female fixed lab (11 yrs old that was 2 weeks older than my red female dobe that passed away--they were best friends) and a 4 year old Jack Russell/Chihuaha mix fixed female at home now. We have a huge house with 6.5 acres so plenty of room and teenage & college aged kids at home to help. I'm not sure what to do. I have dealt with 2 pups at the same time the same age but both were female, and different breeds. This'd be a male and female (but I plan to have both fixed as I don't intend to breed). Thoughts??