Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed that we have more people getting titles with there dogs on this forum and I was wondering who are the people that are doing conformation, agility and obedience and ect. with their dogs. I think that is great.

I have done conformation. And have trained in obedience and agility.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Hello

I am doing Conformation right now, but when Chase is finished I will take a break and do some Obedience until he matures.. :)

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
We're just coming off of some down time from showing my girl in the breed ring..she needed time off to grow up some. We'll be entering her in a 5 day cluster (all majors) in Tucson the week before Thanksgiving. She's looking *really* good, I think she'll be highly competitive.

I taught obedience classes for quite a few years, and all of my dogs get obedience training. Never done any trialing in it, tho.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
I am just starting out so I am attending Fun Matches for Obedience. I still have yet to go to an actual show to observe...once I feel comfortable after seeing what its like me and Duch will be ready...Duchess is just kinda waiting for me! haha

·
Extraordimary
4,976 Posts
All 8 of my current dogs are Canadian champions. Four of them have their CDs. One is training in open and agility. I'm hoping to go for another CD at the end of November.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
I've been training for obedience and starting out. We are on hold for the time until things settle down with the health and get rolling again. Hoping to get further into competitions.

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
Tia has had her moments in the show ring and has also had 1sts in O.B.
In January Tia is starting agility classes,Mischa turned 6 months old last thursday and starts her show career on the 7th of October at the south-west working and pastoral show,and she is already doing O.B. classes.

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Nothing yet, but I plan on doing O.B. with ******* and maybe some agility. I would also like to look into training her as a therapy (sp) dog.

·
Premium Member
10,603 Posts
I start with conformation with all my dogs and either when they grow brains or finish their championships we move on to performance. Right at the moment the oldest male who is pretty well retired from everything (he's going on 9) has AKC, CKC and International championships and a CD, RA, AX AXJ, NAP, NJP--a couple of NADAC agility titles a ROM and a CGC--if we do anything else with him we may try to get his TD this winter.

The male in the middle is an AKC champion, RA, ROM CGC--he's three and will probably start running agility this winter. We're still training him for a CD and RE as well as the agility.

The puppy who is back at the DPCA Nationals did well at the Regional and National in his classes--I'll start training him for Rally and Obedience this winter--I just train everything without the automatic sit for heeling and do that later when he's out of the conformation ring. He'll probably start to learn some of the basic agility commands and direction signals soon.

·
Registered
275 Posts
We began agility this summer for "fun" and are just starting our training for obedience this fall. Will pick up agility again in the spring when we can dedicate more time.

·
Premium Member
8,861 Posts
Velma showed in the breed ring sporadically till she was 2. I pulled her because we were not getting anywhere. In retrospect, I wish I had waited till she was 3 and put her out a little longer. I do plan on showing her myself when she is a veteran at shows where it is ok for veterans to be spay/neutered - at some they can and some they can't. She will also be shown in Jr. handling by my 10 year old daughter once my daughter gets more prepared for it. I have trained Velma through her CD in obedience, and we are slowly working on getting ready for the CDX level.......got a ways to go. She has her CGC, WAC, and her Therapy Dog certification. I also toy with the idea of agility for her....... wish I had more time!

Louise is 19 months old now and shows sporadically while she matures. She has one point and a major reserve. She will most likely be out with her handler more this winter as she does best at indoor shows.

She goes to obedience class with me and we will do that at some point down the road.

My hope is to eventually breed Louise once she has her championship and has gone through all the health testing. I'd like to try the breed ring with a puppy again..........need to find a handling class for sure.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Gaston has been shown in conformation, we took a break from that until he bulked up. He won't be 2 until the 13th. of this month. While on break I showed him in Rally and he got his RN title. Will start back with conformation the end of this month. At some point I plan on doing agility but will do conformation until he gets a few more brain cells!!!! I'll be doing some performance things with Roxy(my rescue) a little later as she just turned 1 in July.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hank has been shown in conformation in an int'l show. His 1st AKC show is in 6 weeks. We really hadn't been able to get out much this year, but now that everyone's healthy we're going to jump right in. All my dobes have taken OB classes, one is getting close to being ready to compete. Hank has really taken to agility -- it'll be awhile before he's old enough to compete tho.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
dobebug said:
AKC, CKC and International championships and a CD, RA, AX AXJ, NAP, NJP--a couple of NADAC agility titles a ROM and a CGC--if we do anything else with him we may try to get his TD this winter.

The male in the middle is an AKC champion, RA, ROM CGC--..... training him for a CD and RE as well as the agility.
can we have a translation for the ninnies here on the forum? I know so little about it all, I almost feel like I should be singing :confused: M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
CD-Companion Dog
RA-Rally Advanced
AX-Agility Excellence
AXJ-Excellent Agility Jumper
NAP-Novice Agility Preferred
NJP-Novice Jumpers With Weaves Preferred

This has all of the AKC event titles abbreviations listed:
http://www.akc.org/events/titles.cfm?page=2

Hope that helps:)