Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When it comes to confirmation I'm clueless. Trying to learn. Can anyone please critique Ivan and let me know what the implications are? For example, if he has a straight front, what does this mean for him physically for SAR and agility? What can I do to counteract the effects of his bad confirmation?

I can't stack him and take photos at the same time, so these are as good as it gets.

And then as promised some fun picks. Ivan's favorite toy right now is a soccer ball that was a gift from the neighbor.

Ivan also loves playing with his flirt pole, but it doesn't happen that often as all tugging play is usually reserved for SAR.

Ivan taking a breather.

Thanks everyone!

ETA: He's just over 11 months if that matters.

·
Registered
5,870 Posts
What a cutie! That said, I see a number of flaws in him. I would say go for it on SAR or agility or whatever, just not the breed ring. I know lots of people say that a dog with poor conFORmation will not exceed in these venues, but I say do it to his ability. If he has fun doing these things, then run with it and go with him. If he breaks down as an old dog, at least he had a great time doing it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts