Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I was watching Mac in the yard and all off a sudden she had a complete freak out like something horrible was happening to her. Head shaking, screaming, hopping around and acting like something had maybe stung or bit her?? She comes running for me, I get her calmed down and go over every single inch of her, including inside her mouth (thinking maybe she decided to eat the wrong bug) but NOTHING. There isn't a mark on her. Wife went through the yard with a fine tooth comb, there's nothing out there we could find.

She's fine now, calm and laying in my lap, like nothing happened. The whole episode lasted about one to two minutes. My vet isn't open, and obviously will be the first thing I do Monday.

What the hell just happened? Anyone ever experience anything like this?

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
Dreizehn sat in an ant pile once and while I'm sure he wasn't screaming, he was running around like a banshee, obviously scared. The ants left no marks and after I got the few remaining ants off him (most came off while he was running) he was completely fine.

Could be something like that?

·
Banned
1,141 Posts
maybe a flying insect breifly crashed into her =when I walk at night on occasion a june bug flys into my hair==major freak out...

good luck

·
Back Off
1,721 Posts
Zeus did this the other day, and then I saw a wasp fly off from around the ground where he freaked out. Could've been stung!!

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ants didn't leave marks? Ohh, that makes me feel much better. It seemed like something stinging her. I bet that's it

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
Ants didn't leave marks? Ohh, that makes me feel much better. It seemed like something stinging her. I bet that's it
They obviously bit because he was NOT pleased and the red ants here are b_stards like that... but he didn't show any signs of irritation that I could see or feel, even within the next few days.

·
Super Moderator
22,021 Posts
Given her history, I'd be concerned about something neurological, since you haven't gotten any conclusive answers on that stuff.

Poor girl. Give her a hug for me.

Reactions: monicaei

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Given her history, I'd be concerned about something neurological, since you haven't gotten any conclusive answers on that stuff.

Poor girl. Give her a hug for me.
Yeah, vet tomorrow. She's fine at the moment, but the IttyBittyBadAss has such a bad history. Shes not in an immediate emergency situation, but weird stuff like this isn't something to play with. She's been through so much, and so many unanswered questions, if nothing else this needs to go in her medical records. Pieces to a very difficult puzzle. Kinda like the bizarre hip thing.

Thanks.

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
I hope everything is OK. :)

Reactions: monicaei
1 - 14 of 14 Posts