Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
25,103 Posts
Also—if you look at both the top and the bottom of a thread page, there is a row of numbers—pages in that thread. It may show that you are on the first page (1), or on the last one, or somewhere in between. You can click on the last number and it will take you to the last page in the thread. If you want to go backwards, you can click on whatever number you think you might want and it will take you to the top of that thread. "Previous" and "Next" on either side of the numbers will take you back or forward page by page.

When you pull up the page that shows (is supposed to show) all of the threads, on the top left is a button labeled "Filter". Click on that and see if any of the boxes on the drop down are checked. Uncheck them all (to begin with, you can play with them later.) My filter had unread discussions checked and it gave me results like you describe. Not all of the current threads were displayed, and it was hard to find anything. Click on the red button; it will make temporary changes. Once you get it set up the way you want it, click on "save as default" and the "new" button should display that way every time you go in.

I don't know if you've tried to send PM's to anyone yet? They are now called "conversations" and you can find the button for that when you click on your picture (whatever you display as your avatar) on the top right—I think you have a "D". The page it sends you to has a red button top right to start a new conversation.

On that same drop down is a button called "alerts" I've found that one handy—it will be flagged when someone has either liked a thread or replied to one I was on, and I can click on that to take me to that thread, post.

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
25,103 Posts
Oh, and Bug—way down toward the bottom of the forum list (click on the thing with the
. —
.—
.—

Top right)

is the "Off Topic" Forum. The CT is in there.

·
Registered
Jalyn Live in the Moment ‘Helo Agathon’ Harper x Godric DOB 3/4/2019
7,581 Posts
As an IT Analyst, I love the new look and now I can simply insert photos without using a photo share site. Great job!

·
Administrator
5,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
How To Make Your Doberman Information Display Under Your Avatar in Threads.

Click on your avatar in the upper right-hand corner of the site. Access Account Settings from the drop-down menu.

Then scroll down to, "Dog Info" and fill in the information you want to be displayed under your avatar.

Click Save at the bottom when you are done.

- Cricket

·
Dobes Dobles +1
Eva 10 y/o Dobe HADR, Lanah Chi-Cairn X 6 y/o, RIP Sunking's Spock, Lillah Chi-Terrier X
3,881 Posts
Cricket,

Thanks, I was able to update that Dog Info area.
Unable to edit text right next to Avatar, just before location text in profile?
Mine says "Dobes Dobles +1" Is that part of Avatar update feature?

Reactions: dax0402

·
Administrator
5,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Cricket,

Thanks, I was able to update that Dog Info area.
Unable to edit text right next to Avatar, just before location text in profile?
Mine says "Dobes Dobles +1" Is that part of Avatar update feature?
The part directly below your username is no longer used for custom titles, yours was grandfathered over from the old site. I can remove it if you wish?

Usergroups that would normally be there are member, premium, vendor, mod, super mod, and admin.

- Cricket

·
Got mutt?
13,646 Posts
It would have been nice if forum sections had been kept in the same order as the previous platform.

Reactions: dax0402 and LadyDi

·
Premium Member
9,012 Posts
Aunt Bonnie - It's called progress dear - LOL you will get it !

This is not a good time for me to figure it out now , that is hard to do in the combine , But it just may be me , But to me , it's harder to find the new posts you have to scroll down and down to find anything new , I do " think " I know why you did it , but found myself missing stuff

Nice look , and once everybody gets use to it , I think there will be a flood of new pictures of Dober's from everywhere

Thanks

·
Dobes Dobles +1
Eva 10 y/o Dobe HADR, Lanah Chi-Cairn X 6 y/o, RIP Sunking's Spock, Lillah Chi-Terrier X
3,881 Posts
Aunt Bonnie - It's called progress dear - LOL you will get it !

This is not a good time for me to figure it out now , that is hard to do in the combine , But it just may be me , But to me , it's harder to find the new posts you have to scroll down and down to find anything new , I do " think " I know why you did it , but found myself missing stuff

Nice look , and once everybody gets use to it , I think there will be a flood of new pictures of Dober's from everywhere

Thanks
Doc, see Focused Reading enable post in the Premium Members thread.
Also I just use the New Balloon at top, then click on Popular Tab. That results in latest, relevant posts, like the old Active Posts in previous forum software.

Reactions: ECIN

·
Super Moderator
21,286 Posts
Right now I am totally lost. I'm sure I can catch up in a year or two. It just isn't fun anymore.
I am finding the forum showing the threads with new posts highlighted for me. It seemed to have a little trouble catching up with what I had read and not read, so since I was pretty much caught up on reading, what I did was go through and mark each forum as "read". After that, now every forum simply shows threads with new posts as highlighted, and others not. Don't know if that would work for your needs, but it worked beautifully for me.

Reactions: LadyDi

·
Registered
11,890 Posts
LET ME BE CLEAR !!
  • what should be celebrated here / almost makes a grown Man, wanna Cry instead
  • the White on Black / or the Black on White...is the utmost Failure, sorry to say
  • my Eyes wearing bi-focal prescription glasses...cannot Focus on the BOLDNESS of the Text
  • never in my Life, of 64 years...have I ever felt "handicapped", until now
In a 30 year Industrial Eng. career (now retired)...
  • I was responsible for Continuous Improvement "CI" change, in a Fortune 500 company...with $1.5 Billion, in Sales
  • so its not my attitude, in not trying to embrace all the changes
  • had I proposed such a difficult Format to read, I would have surely been dragged "over the coals"...at the Senior Management and VP level
  • its Frustrating now, to visit and try and read the "visual compromise"
Moving Forward - maybe a Team approach, with some lengthy service...could panel some better options & software decisions.
  • the Classic Doberman Forum was so easy to eyeball / now its an internal "dog fight" to view content
  • in all my many years of participating in many automotive car forums...they are typically easy to navigate
^^ So ADMIN, "now is not the time to invent a convoluted color wheel pallet"...sorry if this sounds, harsh.

·
Administrator
5,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
It may take a few days for the new software to catch up with what you have and haven't read. Once it does, clicking the title of a thread will take you to the first unread post in it.

Navigating Thread Listing

• Clicking the thread title will take you to where you left off, the 1st unread post.
  • Clicking the timestamp below the title will take you to the 1st post of the thread.
  • Clicking the timestamp above the last poster user takes you to the last (newest) post.

- Cricket

·
Registered
9,598 Posts
I had occasion today to try to find a post I made ages ago about dilution and I am evidently a total failure about how to use the search part of the program--first of all I rarely know a date and often not even a span of dates when I posted something and what I wanted to see was ALL of my posts on dilution. I tried following the directions on how to choose multiple places to look--that didn't work at all for me. Is there some easy set of direction to follow to find several posts on the same subject?

And I still have never been able to find out why all of the "points"--whatever they are awarded for equal 113? Can you explain that system?

dobebug

·
Administrator
5,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I had occasion today to try to find a post I made ages ago about dilution and I am evidently a total failure about how to use the search part of the program--first of all I rarely know a date and often not even a span of dates when I posted something and what I wanted to see was ALL of my posts on dilution. I tried following the directions on how to choose multiple places to look--that didn't work at all for me. Is there some easy set of direction to follow to find several posts on the same subject?

And I still have never been able to find out why all of the "points"--whatever they are awarded for equal 113? Can you explain that system?

dobebug
If you are looking for all your posts or all your threads, you can go to your profile and click the number below Replies or Discussions Created.

How To Search The Site

Near the top of the community, you will see a search bar.

Enter a search term or phrase and click enter on your keyboard or click the magnifying glass.

Advanced Search

To narrow down search results, click on “Advanced Search” after clicking the search bar.

This will allow you to choose to search titles only, add the member username who posted it or even select a specific forum to search from.

Enter your search criteria and click “Search “ at the bottom.

You can also access advanced search by clicking the 3 vertical dots near the upper right-hand corner of the site and selecting “Advanced “Search”

Search Specific Forum

If you want to search a specific section, navigate to the forum section before entering your search term in the search bar and then select the option.

Search Specific Discussion Thread

If you want to search a specific discussion thread, navigate to it before entering your search term in the search bar and then select the option.

·
Administrator
5,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
The points are related to the trophies.

Active members may have already reached the maximum points as the old information would have been included as well.

The developers will be working on improving the trophy feature for us.

- Cricket

21 - 40 of 46 Posts