Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any experience with or any info on dagobah dobermans in freehold NY? Appreciate any feedback!

·
sufferin succotash
9,168 Posts

·
Paralibrarian
6,168 Posts
Personally, my only experience with them was when I sent an email to them when we were looking for Elka. They didn't have any puppies at that time. They said we were welcome to come and see their girls, and "Our health testing on our girls includes, vonWillebrands, OFA and thyroid." They said they sold puppies on a limited registration, and sold them cropped.

So, that said, I don't know anything else about them, didn't buy a puppy from them, and haven't looked at their web site since. I'm sure others will chime in, with more information.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
update

I just wanted to post an update. I did end up buying from this breeder. My boy is now almost a year and a half old and is wonderful. Melissa is always available to answer questions or concerns or just to email with a quick story or picture, even well over a year later. She even has puppy reunions and keeps us updated on our pup's sire and dam and siblings. My pup has had shining vet visits (yes I know he's young yet) and his coat and lines and form are beautiful. His temperament and his demeanor around people is stable and friendly with the typical dobe aloofness that they should have. Hes a favorite at lowes and our local lumber yard where we bring him often. He is stable and tolerant with my children and other little ones. He is goofy, lovable, and also can mean business when its time to work. A fantastic dog and a breeder who has been helpful and available after the sale. Very pleased. Also, if you're like me, someone who wanted a companion dog as well as a dog for protection (I bring my dog to work often for safety reasons) then don't judge too harshly if a breeder doesn't show their dogs etc. No, my breeder doesn't show. But she does do all sorts of training and is very involved with the breed. Having gone thru this once, my advice to anyone searchig as I was would be to ASK! Ask your breeder what their dogs can do, what kind of work or agility or therapy are dogs from past litters doing? What clubs do they belong to? Ask for references from former buyers who have older pups from the breeder. Not showing shouldn't preclude a breeder from being a great choice. Just make sure that they're doing something that shows commitment to bettering the breed and a long term commitment to the breed AND to their pups past and future.

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
Sooo...since you brought it up :) Exactly what does this breeder do with her dogs besides breed them?

Since she doesn't show, in what sport does she participate with them? Who is a judge of these dogs besides their owner?

·
Toorc the Dork
1,017 Posts
I hate when people come on here asking for advice about a particular breeder and thank us for "helping a newbie," only to turn around and despite the multitude of BYB threads literally being HANDED to them, buy one of their puppies anyway. Somebody please wake me from this repetitive cycle :rolleyesww:

·
Shake n' Bake
839 Posts
I checked out her website and she is apparently breeding with some Rauschund dogs.....Surprised the heck out of me.....

·
BYB Hunter
1,058 Posts
Has anyone had any experience with or any info on dagobah dobermans in freehold NY? Appreciate any feedback!
Okay, it is good that you were asking for feedback on the breeder. So good so far..

Thank you! Read the previous threads. Thanks for helping out a newbie :)
Then you go on to say that you read the previous threads, and thanked us for helping you. So I assumed you saw the negative things being said about this breeder, and went about your way to find a reputable one.

I just wanted to post an update...
However, with your update post (I just snipped it because it was too long to include in my post), it says that you purchased one of their pups anyway? No offense, but why did you bother asking us for advice in the first place, and what were you thanking us for in your second post? Did you truly read those threads? :confused:

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
I checked out her website and she is apparently breeding with some Rauschund dogs.....Surprised the heck out of me.....
Not a dog owned by Rauschund, but apparently one of their pups.

Dagobah's website says they are a member of the DPCA, but I don't see their name on the recommended breeder site. Guess it doesn't have to be there tho.

Surprise she sells euro dogs and maybe crosses. Didn't feel like looking up pedigrees.

And another surprise...couldn't be breeding all these years without having owned a Kimbertal dog.:)

I will say from what little I can tell, I have seen a whole lot worse pet breeders tho.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts