Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A person on DT suggested I look at this type of product for Eli. It came yesterday. It is wonderful, light weight, bendable but not too much. He is much more comfortable, my walls may now survive his e-collar jaunt and I no longer am being bandied about in the rear by that stupid plastic e collar. Eli did not use it gently. LOL. Comfortable Elizabethan Collar Alternative

Also want to mention the Vetericyn. It is a great product and his hot spots under the tummy are healing very quickly, almost gone now. I am going to find the hot spot thread and recommend this product.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Hi,

I use the ComfyCone and really liked it with Taylor. At first I was afraid she couldn't move in it but before long at all it was as if the collar was part of her. So much better than the rigid plastic. They are reasonably priced too from Petco.

KC/Linda

·
Registered
4,284 Posts
Wyatt hated his comfy cone after his MCT removal. I ended up getting the no-bite and had better luck. I think he didn't like that he couldn't see with the comfy cone.

I LOVE vetericyn. When Wyatt's wound dehisced, it was about the size of a baseball. He was on abx, but I put vetericyn on it 3x a day, and it looks beautiful.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I too, love Vetricyn....that's all I used on Moj when he had a growth removed from his butt....I was so glad I ended up using that, rather than the Vet's suggestion (bentadine, and "then distract him till it quits stinging"....no thanks. Glad it worked for you, too.

I might have to get one of these collars to have on hand...would hate to wait when I really needed one.

p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts