Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Live in Co. Looking for an older dog, anywhere from 1 - 7 yrs. I think 7 is my limit because I have stairs in my apt. I would prefer a cropped tail, to save my legs lol. I work four days a week and home for three. I work at night while the dobbie would be sleeping. I live next door to a park with trails and ten minutes away from an amazing dog park. I just recently bought a bike and will be biking a lot so it would be nice to have a dog to take with me. As stated earlier I live in an apartment so it is a bit noisy (typical crappy insulation) so I would prefer a less skittish, more mellow dog. My family already has a vet down here that I would go to. I was also hoping to possibly train my doberman to become a therapy dog. I do not care if it is male or female.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Good luck with finding your rescue. I live in Colorado Springs also, and searched through Doberman Rescue of Colorado. They didn't have the perfect fit for me, but their site linked to another rescue in Lamar, CO. That's where I found my Ruger.

Keep an eye open for the thread on Colorado Dobermans meeting up at various parks. We have had two so far.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
I was under the impression that Colorado Doberman rescue closed? Op, also contact New Mexico Doberman rescue and ask if they'd be willing to adopt to Colorado residents. I know Boulder Humane gets occasional Dobermans in and currently has a blue female puppy. They go quickly so you might have to apply to adopt and wait for one to come along. Best of luck!

ETA: I guess they are back up and running! Yay!

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Doberman Rescue of Colorado almost shut down a few years ago but due to a very generous donation, they were able to stay alive.

I volunteer with this rescue and have done a few transports for them. They do their very best for the Doberman breed and always need homes.

Good luck!

·
king's mom
1 Posts
If that does not work out for you I have a three year old male who is very well trained he is very loving and very protective when needed...he has grown up around kids of all sorts I have two boy's 5 and 1 who he loves to play with and is a big baby himself when it come to his family. He is half American and European. If interested let me know and we can meet up so you can see him :) [email protected] thank you and good luck

·
Registered
6,873 Posts
LadyT, this thread is from 2012. have you talked to your dog's breeder? most breeders (and hell, many rescue groups, too) have a contract that states the dog must go back to them if you are unable to keep them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts