Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen a thread on it before, many of you have some gorgeous collars on your dobes. Can someone please send me some links again? Apollo has already almost grown out of his collar and I've seen the double chain silver collars (which are beautiful).

Any collar sites would be appreciated! Thanks guys.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I've wondered were the double chain ones came from also, they look neat although I don't usually use a chain on Cedric.
Here is what I have been using www.spiffydog.com
The collars are in the Gallary section.
They are really neat for just an everyday collar, they never rub the hair off no matter how long they are worn. Cedric has worn out the black flames one and he is now sporting the yellow sunfire collar :)

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
I found a great source while flipping thru a magazine @ the vet's: UpCountry Inc. www.upcountryinc.com. Collars come choice of buckle or quick-release. Very pretty collars for our Dobergirls - we all know how hard it is to find a pretty collar for a dog that's bigger than a Yorkie! They even include a great size chart on their site.

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
all my dogs and cats wear upcountry when they wear fabric collars, i love ALL their designs. i wont tell you how much i spend on the upcountry collars either...
must...resist... looking...at...website.

i havent bought an upcountry collar since may :)

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
TheKenyancollection.com
Mrs.Bones.com
NorthernMoods.com

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
I've wondered were the double chain ones came from also, they look neat although I don't usually use a chain on Cedric.
Do you mean the martingales?

I got Cole one from here http://bowwowshop.com/
It wasn't like using a regular chain collar. The martingale delivers even pressure around the neck. Like a prong collar, without the prongs.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
I love that Chain! it has this certain kind of classyness to it coal-s-mom! I like that idea about it acting more like a prong does...
we have been thinking about picking up duchess a chain collar...but I'd love to find one like that instead of the kind with the hoops at the end...have you found any of those chain martingale ones for a little cheaper? then again that isnt TOO bad to pay...its just that the regular chain collars are so much cheaper at the store...

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
LapDog said:
I love that Chain! it has this certain kind of classyness to it coal-s-mom! I like that idea about it acting more like a prong does...
we have been thinking about picking up duchess a chain collar...but I'd love to find one like that instead of the kind with the hoops at the end...have you found any of those chain martingale ones for a little cheaper? then again that isnt TOO bad to pay...its just that the regular chain collars are so much cheaper at the store...
That must not be the same one I bought Cole. I don't think I paid that much for it. I also notice this one keeps the finish. Cole's did fade some so it might be worth it in the long run.

If you google martingale collars I'm sure a ton will come up.

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
LapDog said:
LD, Im sure you can find them for much cheaper, the ones on the website that Co-al's Mom mentioned are Herm Sprenger, so you are paying for the name. However...HS is all that I buy for Piper and Rommel, All of their fursavers, and prong collars (and leash snaps if possible) are Sprenger, just because I trust the brand. I prefer the Stainless Steel because of Rust, but I have bought Chrome also. I'm gonna have to get them one of those, they are nice!

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Lapdog, I love the Bohemian Dream Beaded Collar in the Saluki section. Only with black velvet instead of the red. They make it in a 1 1/2" version. These guys are located in Montreal, Canada.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thank you all for the resourceful sites!! They helped a lot. :)

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Lapdog, I love the Bohemian Dream Beaded Collar in the Saluki section. Only with black velvet instead of the red. They make it in a 1 1/2" version. These guys are located in Montreal, Canada.
Arent they soooo pretty! I mean that price range isnt too bad...if you want ONE REAL PRETTY collar...but there is soo many beautiful prints to choose from! lol I wish They sold more collars like this everywhere :)
you should get it! :) :) :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts