Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is tomorrow morning. I am so nervous I feel so panicky.

I'm scared for him the first time he gets up. Can you imagine trying to get up and wondering wth?

We were going to try and wait 2 more weeks for another chemo treatment before amputation, but he is in to much pain. He isn't having any fun right now.

His spirit is still good though. He is still full of love and kisses for everyone.

Wish him luck please.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
aww good luck! I hope all goes well for you cole!
He is still full of love and kisses for everyone.
good cause I wanted a virtual kiss from him!! Give him a hug for me!!!

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Good luck. I'll be thinking about you. Hope it all goes well and will help him out.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Cole AND you are in my prayers tonight for a quick surgery and painfree recovery! {{{{{{COLE}}}}}}}}

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
I'm sure everything will be fine, but my fingers and toes will be crossed.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Awww---Yourself and Cole will be in my thoughts and prayers also :) He will do good, he's a trooper :D

Let us know how it went, when you get the chance.

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
You are Cole are in our prayers! Give him lots of hugs and kisses from us too! Everything is going to work itself out. Just know that your doing the right thing for your doberguy :)

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
We are all behind you and Cole,nothing but positive thoughts heading your way.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The surgery went well, although it took 4 hours he did fine through it.

I hate the waking up part, the confusion and I'm sure he does have some pain despite the morphine he is getting, he was whining alot. We propped him up some instead of laying on his side and that seemed to help him.

He did stand up 4 hours post surgery, but we couldn't get him to go outside to go potty. I know his bladder is full with all the fluids he got so I hope he will just pee in his crate sometime tonight. He is on a grate so he wouldn't have to lay in it.

I hated leaving him there. I hope he will be ok. I will go in extra early tomorrow morning and hopefully be able to bring him home with me after work.

I'm a bit worried about getting him in and out of my car. I can lift him no problem, but I just don't want to hurt him in the process.

Thanks again for all the prayers and the well wishes.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Glad to hear it went smoothly. Best wishes on the recovery now, he's a strong boy, he'll be hopping around in no time!

·
Registered
953 Posts
Thanks for the update and glad the surgery went well :) Hope the recovery is a smooth one for him. Let us know how it goes bringing him home.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts