Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
BackInBlack said:
Any more news on Cole? Hope you guys are doing okay.
Thanks for asking BIB.

Cole is doing ok. We are still trying to get the right mix of pain meds for him. His apetite is good.(Lol, he just snagged a fig newton off of my desk!) Not up to much play outside so I know there is some pain involved.

He starts chemo on friday. He will have 2 treatments in a months time and then we will amputate his leg. The latest thinking is to do chemo first because taking off the leg first can make the cancer spread faster or more or something. Not sure I totally understand it. Then after his leg is gone we will do more chemo.

After all is said and done I will be lucky to have him for another year. There are no guarentees. I am just hoping for the best.

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
CoAl-s-Mom said:
Thanks for asking BIB.

Cole is doing ok. We are still trying to get the right mix of pain meds for him. His apetite is good.(Lol, he just snagged a fig newton off of my desk!) Not up to much play outside so I know there is some pain involved.

He starts chemo on friday. He will have 2 treatments in a months time and then we will amputate his leg. The latest thinking is to do chemo first because taking off the leg first can make the cancer spread faster or more or something. Not sure I totally understand it. Then after his leg is gone we will do more chemo.

After all is said and done I will be lucky to have him for another year. There are no guarentees. I am just hoping for the best.
Here's hoping for the best for Cole!

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
BackInBlack said:
Well, at least you know that he still likes Fig Newtons! :D Also, now you have a plan of action, and that is the first step. We will all be sending prayers and well wishes your way!
Yes, I feel better now that we are going to be active in treating this. It took a couple of days to research and talk to a few people to find out the best way to give Cole the most painfree time.

My boss went to the pharmacy today to pick up the chemo instead of ordering it and waiting for it to come in the mail. He knows how desperate I am to get this going.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
It went well.His blood work looked good as did his EKG. He just laid on the table with me beside him for 40 minutes while it went through him. He was really tired friday evening when we got home, but I'm not sure that is from the chemo or just a big day he had at work with me.

So far he doesn't seem to be having any side affects from it. Appetite is still awesome and he is full of loving so I think he is feeling pretty good.

Next treatment is 3 weeks from last friday, wait a week and then amputate and then 3 more chemo treatments.

Thanks for asking!

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
Oh, I am so glad to hear that he isnt having any bad side effects and that yall are getting to still spend quality time together, and he is feeling well. That is good news! Hopefully the rest will go just as smoothly. Give him a big hug from us, and tell him we send Well Wishes :D

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
I still can't believe it. Once again, I am so sorry this is happening to your sweet Cole. He is such a young guy for this to be happening. Prayers and good thoughts being sent you guys way...

I am glad treatment seems to be going well so far. Give him an extra hug from us.

I hope he suprises everyone and lives a long time after this, I know you are doing all you can for him. He is such a great Doberman.
The boys are so special and unique, seems like they have more health problems sometimes. I worry about mine all the time, esp. DCM.

My heart goes out to you, Cole, and your family. Please keep us updated and some more pics of Cole would be nice whenever you find the time =)

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.