Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Crazy Pup
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do Dobe's get cold easily? We went for a walk this morning, the temp was around 32 degrees and she was shivering before we left the garage. does she need a coat?

·
Registered
939 Posts
We live in Colorado.. where its currently 27 degrees. I put a coat on our pup before she goes out, because even all bundled up I'm cold standing out there for a few minutes! I can't imagine how chilly she is with thin fur.. we got our doggy coat at Target, of all places. I know theres some good online retailers too- perhaps some other DT'ers will be along with the sites! I cant remember.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Mine get cold easily. They do kind of forget about it once they get running and playing (or, Ripley does anyway... Keira's a bit more sensitive/dramatic), but I do have coats for them for colder days. They're much happier in their coats when it's cold out.

·
_______
5,102 Posts
I figure if I'm cold so are they. I cringe seeing single coat dogs being walked without coats on.
That said if you order one online, make sure the place is reputable and that they will use signature confirmation, not just delivery confirmation.

Just passing that lesson on, as I paid $100 for a coat/pajama order back early Dec.(with someone well known) that was del conf only and am looking to be SOL it appears.

In the meantime I found some fido fleeces in a local store.

·
Registered
134 Posts
She was most likely shivering as she had just stepped out from a nice warm home. If you got going on your walk I'm sure the exercise would warm her up in no time.

However, from your avatar photo, she does look on the skinner side (hard to tell however from a small pic) so she may not have as much body fat to keep her warmer.

Even an old sweatshirt will do wonders. Put it on and then tie up the excess fabric around the waist area.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts