Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I know a lot about coconut oil and how it can regrow hair on yourself and your dog so I thought that I would share the info. Odin is getting over having hives all down his back and from it he had some hair loss. So I thought I would start giving him some coconut oil daily to regrow his hair on top of the other great benefits.

Benefits Of Coconut Oil For Dogs | Dogs Naturally Magazine

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I think I might give coconut oil a try, too...Moj gets dry skin so bad in the winter. He's already starting to scratch his sides....won't be long before he's after the backs of his front legs, and digging in his flanks.

·
formerly eventermal
3,498 Posts
I give coconut oil and my dogs look great. It smells really yummy, too.

·
Owned by Dobes since 1975
30,675 Posts
great stuff. especially if it is organic, virgin coconut oil.

i use it in a few custom salves i make for certain conditions.

always have a jar in the pantry. :)

let us know if it helps your boy.

Hugz to Odin!

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
Coconut oil is great for your dog and great for the coat. I keep meaning to add it to Parker's diet also.

I just read...somewhere...the other day that the fats are different and a you can give coconut oil to a dog that is on a fat restrictive diet, like a pancreatitis dog.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Coconut oil is great for your dog and great for the coat. I keep meaning to add it to Parker's diet also.

I just read...somewhere...the other day that the fats are different and a you can give coconut oil to a dog that is on a fat restrictive diet, like a pancreatitis dog.
yeah the fat in it is the good, the same with the cholesterol, everything in it is good for you no matter what your diet restrictions might be from all that I have been reading.

So far in just a couple of doses I can tell his hair is starting to grow back and it is not as flaky. And he hasn't been as gassy, when I was using the yogurt it was making his stools really loose so I stopped using it.

I should have taken a before and after pick, I am sure its not the end of the world for Odin that he can't have carrots anymore LOL.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
We give fish oil/Vit e. We have two fawns. Is this a topical or ingested recommendation? Anything that ancedotally has had good results I am game for!

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We give fish oil/Vit e. We have two fawns. Is this a topical or ingested recommendation? Anything that ancedotally has had good results I am game for!
both, you can give it orally and topically. Same for humans, you want to start out in small doses first then increase.

·
terriorist entertainer
2,404 Posts
I tried Zil on it...at first he wasn't interested...but the second time I introduced it he loved it! (ingested) ...I also sometimes used coconut cream to make up his porridge when I was trying to get weight on him. ...he loved that too.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have also read that some people make coconut oil Popsicle's, I use it to oil pull in my mouth. You have to keep it in your mouth for 20 min but after spitting it out my mouth has never felt so clean ever. It is also helps naturally whiten your teeth. For your dog it helps get rid of bad breath. The benefits or just endless.

·
Registered
687 Posts
So I know a lot about coconut oil and how it can regrow hair on yourself and your dog so I thought that I would share the info. Odin is getting over having hives all down his back and from it he had some hair loss. So I thought I would start giving him some coconut oil daily to regrow his hair on top of the other great benefits.

Benefits Of Coconut Oil For Dogs | Dogs Naturally Magazine
Do you know what caused the hives? My 16 month boy had hives and bumps that have resulted in some hair loss. I still have not figured out the cause. The hives are gone, but not the bumps. He still develops bumps under his skin. Thanks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts