Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PetSmart is doing "Doggy Glamour Shots" and I want to take Piper and Rommel. I have seen some pictures of dogs where their coat looks soooooooo shiny. Does anyone know what they use to help make them shine? My dogs both eat super premium food, and have an overall wonderful coat, but is there anything I could use to really make it shine for pictures?

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Miracle coat
or
Mink Oil spray
you can get either of these products at the shows or a reputable pet store distributor that sells products for showing and grooming products.

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
Go to Sally's Beauty Supply and get Olive Oil Nourishing Sheen Spray . It comes in an olive green can (aerosol) and costs $4.49. This is the hot new product used by the handlers these days..it works better than any of the other shinola's I've ever seen used.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
I also use Miracle Coat on my dogs after their baths and It does wonders.. Or also I have put a little baby oil on my hand and rub in it then brush ..

·
Premium Member
8,910 Posts
Murreydobe said:
Go to Sally's Beauty Supply and get Olive Oil Nourishing Sheen Spray . It comes in an olive green can (aerosol) and costs $4.49. This is the hot new product used by the handlers these days..it works better than any of the other shinola's I've ever seen used.
Hmmmm.......I use mink oil but that sounds interesting. Is it sticky at all?

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
velmadobe said:
uuummm...
I use it on my own hair and it works GREAT LOL
I have really long wavy hair, like down past my butt...and I'm 6'2". It's amazing stuff and it even smells nice :pinkie:

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
velmadobe said:
No, not if you use it sparingly. It might be if you went overboard with it, I dunno. And surprisingly, it's not that much of a dust magnet, like so many of the shinola's out there can be.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts