Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Red Dobie is showing little dark spots on his coat, and also tiny little balding areas? Could this be in response to his diet? I feed him Eukanuba. Thanks for any help.

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
I don't know what that is, I've never seen it on a dog before - perhaps a vet visit is in order?
I'm sure that someone else will chime in.

However, Eukanuba isn't the best of foods - many here wouldn't ever feed it to their dogs.
Check out Dog Food Analysis - Reviews of kibble to see how it fares against other brands.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
eukanuba is basically pricey corn chips/junk food for dogs. Do you have a pic of the skin issues? Before the balding, does he get welts, like hives?

·
Registered
16,037 Posts

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
Staph will give a dog a moth eaten appearance. Staph infections that go away with meds, then come back after medication is finished are an indication of food allergies. If he is having trouble w/staff often, I would stop giving ANYTHING besides his food. Try putting him on a different protein source grainless food like Natures Variety Instinct Limited Ingredient Turkey and see if he doesnt clear up. If he does, read up on elimination diets and work on that. BUT, he could also have enviromental allergies. You will know that next year for sure. Bath him in dilute Selsen Blue/COOL water, leave on 7 mins at least(dont let pup lick), rinse, rinse, rinse. Final rinse in 1 c apple cider vinegar to 1 gal water and let drip dry. Start wiping down w/sent free baby wipes or damp wash cloth when he comes inside from yard to remove pollen.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts