Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seriously could kiss whoever came up with this brilliance. KISS. I'm in love. Also, youtube kikopup- those videos have been my saving grace! Such great information and easy to understand and apply.

We're making enormous strides in puppy training thanks to the clicker. I think it makes it easier for her to understand. We've got sit down really well, off, down (but only from a sit so far) and no bite (kisses instead!) :) :) I think once we have these down well we'll work on down from standing and stay.

Such smart cookies these dobies are!

·
Registered
9,449 Posts
I'm a BIG fan and congrats!!! Interstingly I've been using clicker training to shape/treach a bird retrieve in the field vs corrections. Today my Vizsla had 3 great retrieves in the field. The dog they are using corrections with still won't pick it up.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You get more with sugar than vinegar! Or at least thats how the old saying goes. The intensity on this pups face when shes learning is just awesome!

Congrats to your girl on her field work!

·
karma eccelectic
32 Posts
karma responds really well to the clicker. started it at 6 weeks. after 3 weeks she is good to go with the clicker

1 - 4 of 4 Posts