Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2 dogs. A labrador 8 years old and a doberman 8 month. Since a week Roxy started to block cleo from coming outside she puts herselft in front of her even when cleo change way to get to the door and since a week Roxy urinate in living room always at the same place. Do you thing she claim her territory ?
How can i change that what method i can use ?

·
You can't kill the metal
832 Posts
I would simply move the dog out of the way to allow the other outside.

Sounds like a dominence thing for sure.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
I dunno. I'm not sure I see this as a dominance thing... more as a pesky adolescent thing... puppies often position themselves in such a way that they can pounce on another dog as they come out just to initiate play. What does your other dog do? Is she intimidated or bothered by this?

I do not think the urinating is marking behavior... I think that this is either a housebreaking issue or a medical issue. Have you taught Roxy to pee on command? Go outside with her, say nothing and wait, when she begins to pee repeatedly and quietly (so as to not interrupt her) use the word you want to become her command, as soon as she is finished have a big happy pee party complete with an excellent food reward right then (outside). Pretty soon, you will be able to take her out and tell her to pee with whatever you have chosen as her "go pee" command. Keep going out with her... lots of times, folks put dogs out and assume that they have eliminated, but the dog actually was busy or playing and didn't actually get around to doing what they had to do, and comes back inside still having to pee... you need to KNOW that she has peed outside! If she is peeing outside and then coming in and peeing again, this is likely medical. If she is peeing more frequently than every two or three hours, this is likely medical.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dunno. I'm not sure I see this as a dominance thing... more as a pesky adolescent thing... puppies often position themselves in such a way that they can pounce on another dog as they come out just to initiate play. What does your other dog do? Is she intimidated or bothered by this?

I do not think the urinating is marking behavior... I think that this is either a housebreaking issue or a medical issue. Have you taught Roxy to pee on command? Go outside with her, say nothing and wait, when she begins to pee repeatedly and quietly (so as to not interrupt her) use the word you want to become her command, as soon as she is finished have a big happy pee party complete with an excellent food reward right then (outside). Pretty soon, you will be able to take her out and tell her to pee with whatever you have chosen as her "go pee" command. Keep going out with her... lots of times, folks put dogs out and assume that they have eliminated, but the dog actually was busy or playing and didn't actually get around to doing what they had to do, and comes back inside still having to pee... you need to KNOW that she has peed outside! If she is peeing outside and then coming in and peeing again, this is likely medical. If she is peeing more frequently than every two or three hours, this is likely medical.
When i say go pee she is starting to sniff the ground to find her spot i also did the UTI test i am watching her when she go pee but i just saw today that she do a small pee outside then she come inside and pee again i dont know if it can be take but it cold here like -10 to -20 sometime and it have alot of snow maybe it cost for her legs. I put her a cloat when i go walk with her but i am not putting the cloak when she go pee maybe i am gonna try to use it also when she go pee.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
I tried something today i didnt let her get acces to where she pee in the house and she did no pee in the house.
She may think of this spot as her potty spot now as it has the scent. I would say you should clean it very well with an enzymatic cleaner that destroys all trace of scent and go back to potty training basics. Hope this helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts