Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Owned by Dobes since 1975
30,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
quick pic............................Charles is lookin' good! It is very hard to get a picture of him standing still. :)

When he came here he was 66 pounds.
Now he is 72 pounds of muscle!
I have cut his food back from 7 and a half cups a day to 6 cups a day and he is holding his weight well!

Someone asked me the other day what was 'wrong' with him, as they knew his story.

I said, nothing is wrong with him, he is just Doberman. :)

this breed, is not for everyone.

but when it is for you.

they are the BEST! :)

Charlie is just like having a puppy, everything is so different here for him, it is cool to watch him investigate and discover so many new things!
And as all he really wants to do is please me, he is very easy to 'train'.

Still would not trust him alone with the livestock, :) , but that time will come.

All in ALL, Charlie is showing me what a great dog he is.

Hugz to my Chucky! :)

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Darkevs, you have showed us what can be done with dobes that people just walk away from.........Thank you for sharing Charlie with us he's a beauty!!I hope he has given you many hours of love and laughs in between life:)

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
:)

He is doing an awesome job with me. :)

I need to pick a Birthday date for him..............he was born sometime in October and will be 3 this October, that is all anyone knows.

hmmmmmmmmmmm 3 this Oct.....maybe the 3rd. of October would be a good birth date!
I know some people who have a rescue dog and since they don't know the exact birthday, their dog gets a birthday week! Maybe Charlie deserves a whole week too. ;)

Reactions: Sherryh and Darkevs

·
Registered
775 Posts

He is doing an awesome job with me. :)

I need to pick a Birthday date for him..............he was born sometime in October and will be 3 this October, that is all anyone knows.

hmmmmmmmmmmm 3 this Oct.....maybe the 3rd. of October would be a good birth date!
He looks like he's doing awesome with you, but then again why wouldn't he?! He's a handsome one for sure.

October is a great birthday month! My birthday is the 14th of Oct. I like the idea of a Birthday week. What a better way to start the month with a whole week of birthday celebration!

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Charlie Boy looks like he is truly in his element. He's a lucky lucky boy.

Good match I'd say.

Reactions: Sherryh and Darkevs

·
30,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

you guys know how it is with these dogs.........EVERY day is their Birthday. :)

I like the October 3rd. Birthday date!

Libra is my sign too. :)

Sinister..............Charlie is approximately 27 1/4 inches at tall. He has good bone and is gradually filling out, I expect him to reach 27 1/2 inches and be about 80 lbs. when fully grown. a nice standard doberman, square and medium in all respects....except in the activity levels.......that is HIGH! :)

and Sherryh...........he does make me Chuckle! :)

Charlie is resting right now in his chair.

But, he also likes to sleep upside down.................. in your lap, with his feet sticking in your face.........he does make me chuckle. :)

·
Paralibrarian
6,168 Posts
Beautiful boy!

People ask you what's "wrong" with him? That's a little....odd. Or maybe they don't phrase it quite so bluntly? Or maybe they do. I like your answer!

·
30,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
they ask what is wrong with him, because they know that no one wanted him, so they wonder why, as when they meet him here, he is just like any of the other Dobes that have owned me, they see NO difference.

as I say..He IS Doberman!

they ARE busy, vocal dogs!

and thats the way I like 'em!

·
joie de vivre
11,276 Posts
He looks GREAT!

I don't think either of you have done anything though. I know the real secret...Pearl is probably whipping you both into shape. ;)

Reactions: Darkevs

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Thanks for the update, great to hear that he is doing great :)

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
I just love him. He looks so happy and handsome and those ears! Makes me want a natural dobe.

Pearl looks like she's keeping you both out of trouble ;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts