Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else investigated chinese herbs for tummy issues? We can't seem to catch a break since I brought my boy home about 3 months ago....first garbage gut due to duck protein intolerance, then got into chocolate (kit kats), then I brought home a virus/bacteria and me and two pups plus pup I was watching got sick....we were finally healhty a solid month and was put on Shen calmer for anxiety which has few side effects....of course my dog does...more GI issues...

So now my target is to heal the stomach and Gi tract to get him on regular kibble (on i/d) and no more pepcid...and maybe no more proviable.

So our vet, who practices chinese medicne too, recommnded Kan Herbs "harmonize the stomach"....has anyone ever used it on their kids? I missed the vets phone call and will consult tomorrow, but was wondering if anyone else has seen improvement with this blend for a sensitive pup?

·
Owned by Dobes since 1975
30,675 Posts
not a chinese herb but......google and research... Slippery Elm Bark Powder.

it will help many digestive tract issues.

Hugz to your boy.

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
Yes, to slippery elm. You can also read the DogAware site I have below for foods that help heal the digestive tract. If your vet will guarantee the purity/quality of the chinese herbs, I think they would be worth trying.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
update

well, so far I think we've narrowed it down that he decided to EAT something else which made him sick shortly after I started shen calmer before...

we have been using gradual dosing and are doing great almost a week into it...so here's to hoping ...

just ordered the Kan "Harmonize the Stomach" Should be starting that in a week. very excited we are making progress. :roflmao:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts