Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone out there delt with chronic chin folliculitis? Panzer (4 year old intact male) has been tested for everything....he was diagnosed with MRSA and has been on +6 months of minocycoline treatrment for his chronic staph infection on his chin. The infection went away after treatment and he started growing hair back on his chin and then he started breaking out again after stopping oral antibiotic txm. He has been on and off of antibiotics for over a year now. I also use a topical antibiotic as well (mupirocin 2%). He is on a raw diet for the most part and I do give him the recommended amount of EPA per day for his weight. I am planning to neuter him in the next 6 months......he just had a TPLO of his left leg......I don't want to put too much on his plate at one time! I do give him marrow bones/knee caps a couple times per week. Panzer had a general panel workup about 2 weeks ago...everything looks normal...his esosinophil level was 1021 (normal range 70-1490). I done all the small things (no plastic bowls, diet, flea treatment, etc.)...is there anyone out there that has experienced the same thing and determined what is the correct treatment for this problem.

·
Registered
12 Posts
This might sound crazy, but we started giving Grizzly Nupro about a month ago. He used to get a bump or two on his chin every once in a while but the Nupro took care of it completely. I was really surprised!
What is Nupro? We have this problem and as much as we stay on top of it, wiping his chin after meals, chlorhexidine, salycylic acid, benzoyl peroxide etc we cant get rid of it. He was on antibiotics for 6 weeks and as soon as he went off it came back.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.