Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello - we are registered with a PA Doberman rescue and have been screened by a reputable breeder. Our adoption of a re-homed Dobie just fell through -- the brother-in-law decided that he wants the dog. Good thing we didn't get too attached - only met him once (the dog, not the brother-in-law).

We live on 7 acres, the top 2 acres are fenced to keep deer out of my garden. We have 2 cats, but no children; and would need a dog who is not aggressive towards either cats or horses (the horses don't live with us but would love to take our dog out to the horse farm some times).

We don't want a puppy as it's been many years since I had a dog, and our training skills are rusty. We plan to take obedience classes with our Dobie, and want a dog we can walk and romp with, a velcro dog. Definitely indoors. And all our animals get the best of care, with firm love. We love the classic Doberman look and temperament. if anyone knows of a good candidate in our area (NJ/PA/NY/CT), can you please let me know? Purchase/adoption / or re-homing.
Thanks,
Jane

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
Welcome to DT,from Bakersfield,CA and i wish you luck with your search for the right Dobe:thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
Welcome to DT, I foster for Distinguished Dobermans and we always have wonderful dogs up for adoption, please check out the website and give us a shout as I know there are a few new dogs coming in soon.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Hello - we are registered with a PA Doberman rescue and have been screened by a reputable breeder. Our adoption of a re-homed Dobie just fell through -- the brother-in-law decided that he wants the dog. Good thing we didn't get too attached - only met him once (the dog, not the brother-in-law).

We live on 7 acres, the top 2 acres are fenced to keep deer out of my garden. We have 2 cats, but no children; and would need a dog who is not aggressive towards either cats or horses (the horses don't live with us but would love to take our dog out to the horse farm some times).

We don't want a puppy as it's been many years since I had a dog, and our training skills are rusty. We plan to take obedience classes with our Dobie, and want a dog we can walk and romp with, a velcro dog. Definitely indoors. And all our animals get the best of care, with firm love. We love the classic Doberman look and temperament. if anyone knows of a good candidate in our area (NJ/PA/NY/CT), can you please let me know? Purchase/adoption / or re-homing.
Thanks,
Jane

Good luck in your search!! Welcome to the forum:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts