Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Banned
6,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Chicken Soup Recall Information

Taken from http://www.chickensoupforthepetloverssoul.com/

Diamond Pet Foods has announced it is withdrawing a limited number of canned products manufactured by American Nutrition.
This action is limited to three specific canned products: Chicken Soup for the Pet Lover's Soul Kitten Formula 5.5 oz. cans, and Chicken Soup for the Pet Lover's Soul Puppy Formula 13 oz. cans, and Diamond Lamb & Rice Formula for Dogs 13 oz. cans.

Diamond Pet Foods has not received any indication of quality or safety issues, including pet illness, with the three withdrawn products. However, because American Nutrition informed the company that these three specific products may include rice protein concentrate, Diamond Pet Foods felt this action was necessary for the protection of its customers and their pets.

Customers with these products should stop feeding them immediately and return them to their retailer for a full refund.

Chicken Soup for the Pet Lover's Soul dry pet food and dog treats ARE NOT part of any pet food or treat recall.

ALSO....... More Natural Balance recalls

Natural Balance Recall Information

Taken from http://www.naturalbalanceinc.com/
Breaking Voluntary Recall News: Thursday, April 26th, 2007Our canned food manufacturer, American Nutrition, from Ogden Utah, just informed us that they are recalling all canned products made in their plant that contain rice protein concentrate. American Nutrition continued by telling us that they added this ingredient to four of our canned products without our knowledge or consent. The four products involved are:
Chicken Formula Canned Dog Food 13 oz
Lamb Formula Canned Dog Food 13 oz
Beef Formula Canned Dog Food 13 oz
Ocean Fish Formula Canned Cat Food 3 oz & 6 oz
There have been no illnesses reported related to feeding these formulas, however, to comply with the American Nutrition recall of the four products, we are pulling all dates and batches of these four formulas. We also ask that our customers return unused product for a full credit to their store.http://store.to/To make sure that this does not happen in the future, we are demanding from each of our co-manufacturers daily production record of all of our formulas before they are shipped to us and written certification of NO rice protein or any deviation of our formulas. We have reviewed all of our other products and determined that they are free of rice protein concentrate and that all of our other product labels are accurate.

Edited to add: Both of these came to me in an email from WagginTails.com....just thought I would share.

· Registered
1,619 Posts
ugh..........so glad we haven't used any chicken soup products in months and months.

I still have half a 33 lb bag of Canadae + 3 cans............scared to use it because as soon as I do I know their name will pop onto the list.

I hate being paranoid...LOL, but it is homecooked and not looking back!

· Registered
16,117 Posts
ugh..........so glad we haven't used any chicken soup products in months and months.

I still have half a 33 lb bag of Canadae + 3 cans............scared to use it because as soon as I do I know their name will pop onto the list.

I hate being paranoid...LOL, but it is homecooked and not looking back!
I have been off the board for two or three weeks. I know there have been more recalls, but I can't see Canidae ever being included. They don't have any fillers at all.
I feel totally safe feeding it.

· Registered
1,619 Posts
Well there has been rice protein issues...............and I am looking at the bag of Canadae all life stages right now..........Brown rice, white rice 3rd and 4th ingredients. I hope to find out they are never on the list, but still not going back.

· Registered
16,117 Posts
Well there has been rice protein issues...............and I am looking at the bag of Canadae all life stages right now..........Brown rice, white rice 3rd and 4th ingredients. I hope to find out they are never on the list, but still not going back.
Maybe this will help you Angie, hate to see you waste your Canidae.

Industry Recall Update for May 7, 2007

In light of the unfortunate current pet food recall by other respectable pet food manufacturers, our phone lines and emails are tied up with concerned customers. We want you, our valued customer, to feel secure with the continued use of our products. CANIDAE® Pet Foods in no way is affected by the recall, nor are any of our products produced in any of the recalled production facilities.

It appears from the latest news within our industry that all recalls are from Glutens imported from China, a protein source that is extracted from Wheat or Rice. The wheat or rice is not the issue, but the glutens extracted, stored, and then imported from China. Again, CANIDAE does not use Glutens in any form, and we do not import any ingredients from China or overseas.

CANIDAE Pet Foods also does not produce cuts and gravies, pouches, and does not contain corn, wheat, soybeans, or Glutens in any of our products or formulations, and all ingredients are of US origin, meaning proudly raised and grown in the USA.

Our heartfelt concerns go out to all those affected by the recall.

CANIDAE Pet Foods

· Banned
6,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Canine Caviar also was supposed to be grain free, and using only the best ingredients. I was getting e-mails from them almost every week stating something similar to the canidae blurb above. Then out of nowhere they said that their "co-packer" had been adding unauthorized ingredients.

Just FYI

· Registered
16,117 Posts
Canine Caviar also was supposed to be grain free, and using only the best ingredients. I was getting e-mails from them almost every week stating something similar to the canidae blurb above. Then out of nowhere they said that their "co-packer" had been adding unauthorized ingredients.

Just FYI
@#!*TTTTTTTTTT
Thanks!!

· Registered
1,827 Posts
I have been off the board for two or three weeks. I know there have been more recalls, but I can't see Canidae ever being included. They don't have any fillers at all.
I feel totally safe feeding it.
I feel the same way about Innova EVO.......BUT!!! you never know.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.