Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Thanks for posting Astra. The group shooting the PSA is Chicago Sociabulls . I do feel it is important for people to see that there are well socialized dobes and bullys. The focus in legislation needs to be on responsible ownership of ALL breeds not BSL.
Kelli--Any idea how long they will be shooting? I would love to bring Rowan out especially since the weather has finally cooled off! But I have a bday party I am supposed to go to. I could probably show up late to the party, but I'd feel bad missing the whole thing :/

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Just in case anyone else is interested in going--I talked to Anita who is organizing it and she said it is going to be very informal, so you can stay as long (or short) as you want. Also, they want all the dogs in the video to be on standard, non-retractable leashes.

The website for the fest West Fest Chicago gives more description, but sounds like the "Pup Fest" will be fun...vendors and activities for the dogs. Rowan and I are going to go...hope to see lots of awesome dobes there!

Reactions: astra

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Thanks, I think I am free the 28th, so I will pencil it in for now. Anita said she would email me too, so hopefully she will give me more details when it gets closer.

The fest today was fun, not too many people showed up though. Couple of pits from the Sociabulls group and another dobe owner. I did get a lot of comments and positive attention just walking through the fest with Rowan though. People wanting to pet him, commenting on how good looking he is, etc. so that was fun and of course he ate it up. He also got to do some "paw painting", got tattooed and made a tie dyed handkerchief. :D

Will be nice to meet some IDR peeps though, keep me posted if you hear anything about the 28th.

Reactions: ZeldaRules
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.