Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know she's going to be fine and I know I'm doing the right thing but man I'm scared for my baby... I drop her off at 8 this morning and pick her up around 3 this afternoon (I think, will find out for sure when I drop her off LOL) and will be a basket case until I get her back... Am going out to get a kong today (yes I"m going to pay the insane Japanese price of $35.00 for a rubber dog toy! So should have thought ahead and ordered one...) to fill with goodies to help quietly entertain her in the kennel for the next few days... She is such a bouncer I'm worried that she'll hurt herself so have warned the family that she'll have a lot of kennel time until she's had a chance to heal a bit. So if it's not too much say a little prayer for my girl that she makes it through the surgery with no problem and heals quickly...

·
Registered
273 Posts
We'll all keep our fingers crossed.

And, I have to salute you for doing the right thing when it was tempting not to.:bow:

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
If you are worried about her bouncing around post surgery, you can decline any pain meds so she doesn't over do it if she is feeling to well from the meds.
Hope she does well.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Best wishes for lil Chi! I'd tell you not to worry and that's she's going to be fine but I know that's next to impossible to do. ;) Give her a hug and a kiss from me once she gets home!

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys :)
Just got back from dropping her off and I can't figure out if Petri is excited because she's gone or nervous because he's worried about where she is LOL.
Poor baby did NOT want to leave her momma though :-(
I had actually thought of what you suggested Coals-mom on my way and asked the tech. She said the meds they will give her before she leaves will last for about 3 days but reassured me that she will be fine and that she probably won't really feel like her old bouncy self. I think she doesn't know my dog LOL but we'll play it by ear...
Just quick interjection though... Why is when the cute little Min Pin or Lab puppy was all barky and lets play it was seen as adorable but the second Chi let out a bark we got very dirty "Oh My God that dog is going to kill us all" looks?

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
My males have come out of the vets after being nuetered bouncing off the walls. But a spay is obviously more in depth. I have had 2 c- sections and never took anything more than a couple of ibuprofen. I think the pain is there to tell you to take it easy.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
CoAl-s-Mom said:
My males have come out of the vets after being nuetered bouncing off the walls. But a spay is obviously more in depth. I have had 2 c- sections and never took anything more than a couple of ibuprofen. I think the pain is there to tell you to take it easy.
You're a better woman than I am, I stopped after my first and only c-section! (I kid really, the result is very much worth everything leading up to her :) ) But even though I was offered stronger pain killers I stuck with ibuprofen too... I know they will send home pain meds and I'll ask when I pick her up what it is they've given her that will last 3 days (wouldn't something that lasts 3 whole days be pretty darn strong?)... I agree though that pain is simply the body's way of saying "stop whatever you're doing"...

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Don't get me wrong, I would have preferred a VBAC, but it wasn't going to happen with #2. And I will never experience it because my birthing days are over. :(
I had wondered when you said the meds will last 3 days. Must be something time released I would think. I didn't know that was an option for pain, but who knows. I'd definetly ask.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
She's home and oh so very stoned... Poor baby... Vet staff are all in love with her now and said they can't wait for her to come back in 3 weeks for her final set of shots... Said they may make up some new rule that Dobes need shots weekly for the rest of their life LOL... Don't think I have to worry about her bouncing around too much tonight, she's really groggy still.. Have rymadil for the next 4 days if she needs it and the Dr. I spoke with this afternoon said the tech was mistaken that cats are sent home with a time released pain med on board but not dogs.... Thanks for your thoughts and prayers and well wishes :)

·
Registered
460 Posts
Vet staff are all in love with her now and said they can't wait for her to come back in 3 weeks for her final set of shots... Said they may make up some new rule that Dobes need shots weekly for the rest of their life LOL...
I can't say as I blame them :)

I'm glad to see she pulled through it well. She'll be back to her ol self in no time.

·
Registered
365 Posts
She looks adorable with her little pinky red bandage. Now the elizabethen collar, don't think that's a fashion accessory that will really catch on though.
:tongue23:

Happy to see everything is fine TracyJo, good luck with keeping her quiet!!!!!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.