Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
No, those are edible bones it looks like. The only Nylabones that last and the only ones I give to my dogs are the plasticy looking ones. Like this. I believe they're now called "dura chew" by Nylabone, and they come in other shapes and sizes too. :)

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
she doesnt like plastic chews usually, but maybe a flavored one she would.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Mine much prefer raw bones or elk antlers, but they enjoy their Nylabones too. We have a few laying around the house in case the dogs are bored or feel like chewing something. Not all dogs like them, but many seem to. I personally have never had a dog that didn't chew on Nylabones, but that doesn't mean they aren't out there. :)

Reactions: cuddlbug00

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Mabel loves the liver flavor and peanut butter, only two I have actually smelled the flavor from too! Good luck, and dont think she doesnt like it if she doesnt chew it right away, mabel eyes hers up for a day or two before deciding its worthy lol :rolleyesww:

Reactions: cuddlbug00

·
Registered
29 Posts
About a month ago we got Romeo one of these and he loves it. We were getting femur bones for him because they were thicker than most bones. Even being thicker he was able to break sharp shards of bone off the ends. We were afraid if he swallowed these pieces he could damage something internally so we opted for the Nylabone below. This thing is almost indestructible, after a month he has chewed it down some but not enough to get a new one yet. Anyone else try these?
DuraChew Galileo® Bone | Product Finder | My Pet Is | Large Dog | Nylabone

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
About a month ago we got Romeo one of these and he loves it. We were getting femur bones for him because they were thicker than most bones. Even being thicker he was able to break sharp shards of bone off the ends. We were afraid if he swallowed these pieces he could damage something internally so we opted for the Nylabone below. This thing is almost indestructible, after a month he has chewed it down some but not enough to get a new one yet. Anyone else try these?
DuraChew Galileo® Bone | Product Finder | My Pet Is | Large Dog | Nylabone
I havent commited to the galileo yet, plus she seems to like the nubs on others, she currently has the first two and my boss swears by the third, but i dont see mabel liking it
Plus she still gets those crunchy smoked beef leg bones, only one brand though that I know grinds down and doesnt splinter or break

DuraChew® Bone - Original | Product Finder | My Pet Is | Large Dog | Nylabone --- has it in liver, loves it!

DuraChew® Textured Bone - Chicken | Product Finder | My Pet Is | Large Dog | Nylabone -- found it in pb and she loves it

DuraChew® Double Action® Chew | Product Finder | My Pet Is | Large Dog | Nylabone

·
Registered
29 Posts
I havent commited to the galileo yet, plus she seems to like the nubs on others, she currently has the first two and my boss swears by the third, but i dont see mabel liking it
Plus she still gets those crunchy smoked beef leg bones, only one brand though that I know grinds down and doesnt splinter or break

DuraChew® Bone - Original | Product Finder | My Pet Is | Large Dog | Nylabone --- has it in liver, loves it!

DuraChew® Textured Bone - Chicken | Product Finder | My Pet Is | Large Dog | Nylabone -- found it in pb and she loves it

DuraChew® Double Action® Chew | Product Finder | My Pet Is | Large Dog | Nylabone
Romeo had the 3rd one your list and he liked it but it didn't last very long. He must be a powerful chewer. We always keep and eye on him when he has his toys because of this.

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Romeo had the 3rd one your list and he liked it but it didn't last very long. He must be a powerful chewer. We always keep and eye on him when he has his toys because of this.
How big was his? Often people buy what seems like the right size when for powerful chewers something bigger is better and takes more effort on their part.

He would probably appear to need a wolf but actually need a souper in reality.

Mabel is getting a few new ones (perhaps a galileo) and a bison femur for her birthday next month, shh dont tell her

1 - 9 of 9 Posts