Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Awwwh, I love looking through doberman rescue. Although it's a bad thing we have to have it, I just want to scoop up nearly every dog and bring them home... It seems the sadder the story, the more I want it.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
doberlover said:
Oh don't get me started, me too. I have to control myself otherwise I'd have a dozen Dobermans and I only have a king size bed, LOL
Hmmm a dozen dobermans to a king size bed... let me do my calculations... just one more second... Yup that just about right!!! You'll have no problem staying warm in the winter!!

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
I would number one love to have a house big enough for a dozen dobes, let alone the size of the back yard I will need... Thanks guys now I have that itch again.... Jess keep me away from petfinder. I am not strong enough to stay away. I am becoming weak.. HELP!!!! :help_up_2

·
Registered
365 Posts
Bloody human race and their treatment of dogs! I can't get over the amount handed in by their owner...... nor how many that tested positive for heartworm! :sadcry:

Please excuse my ignorance, but this particular site does it cover only certain states? I know our population is vastly different, but I've never seen so many dobes in rescue. Or could it be that Dobes are a more popular choice in the U.S., to the pet buying market? The last time I spoke to Dobe Rescue here in Queensland, they had a waiting list for available dogs!!!

·
just a member
2,996 Posts
I agree, its devastating to see so many dobes being turned in. Most people have no idea what it takes to own a doberman. Even though my girl is my first doberman, we went in knowing that we have more responsibility as a doberman owner than just a regular dog owner. A doberman is not for everyone and most people are not willing to put in the work that is needed. I did not know everything before getting one, but I was willing to learn.

The work does pay off. I have had so many people comment on how good and well behaved is my girl. They are not like Labs or Goldens. These are working dogs and were breed for a purpose. They are not a dog to hang around and wait for the owner or family to do things with. They are there with you no matter what. They need to be with their owner with just about every thing you do. If I wanted, I would not have to go to the bathroom alone anymore if I wanted.

Its a shame to see how many people do not have the responsibility or committment in owning this breed. Its heart breaking. <getting off my soapbox>

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This site I'm not sure if it covers only sertain states. I know i read some where on there that some of the dogs fetured on there site belong to other rescues and they are just putting them up on there site hoping someone will adopt them.

One thing i do like about this site is that they actually care about there dogs. Unlike some places that just take the dog in feed it and clean up after it and thats about it this place actually does all sorts of test to make sure that the dog is as fit as it can be before it is sent out.

If I lived near one of those dogs and had the money I would adopt them because from what I can tell they take very good care of the dogs.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts