Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I have been having this little problem with his ears. Now the last time I posted about this everybody said I should use Skin bond glue and breath right strips. Well I can't find that glue here?? do you guys use anything else.

I went and posted him a few more times but at the middle of his ear they still flop back and fourth when he runs..grrr they don't look like they have enough support. He has not been posted for about a month so is it too late or should I just keep posting him non stop for another month.

Ryan

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Ryan, I believe you can get Skin Bond at Shoppers Drug Medical Supply Store.

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
Many times pharmacies will order Skin Bond for you, that's what I did.

The last time I looked at their catalog, JB Pet Supplies sold Skin Bond. You can order online from them.

·
Premium Member
11,143 Posts
JB Pet Supplies still carries Skin Bond but it is often not in the catalog and you need to ask the order desk about it. I've ordered it locally from two different local pharmacies and it was substantially less expensive to do that than have it shipped. And if you have a medical supply house anywhere near you they usually have it--it is also known as appliance glue--used for sticking things like colostomy bags to skin.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Like Okie said, i've gotten it at the Shoppers Home Health Care store - not the regular shoppers drug mart.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hahaha I didn't even know we had one of these stores Shoppers Home Health Care store . Well It seems their is one just down the road and I thought it was a regular Shoppers drug mart.

Going there Tuesday. Thanks

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hello

A little update. I bought everything and put it on his ears, but it does not seem to be straightening his ears like I thought it would??

They still have a bend to them. Any suggestions or do I just give it time??

·
Premium Member
11,143 Posts
Dobie Lover--it's been my experience that the breath rite strip technique works best on ear tips only--and generally where the ear starts to wilt and tip out slowly over time when ear has been unposted for hours, days, etc.

If the ears stand strongly except for when he moves that may be as good as you get--if they seem to be more limber in the center section when the dog is standing I'd post them a few more times. Some very long crops are never entirely stabil when the dog moves.

It also can make a difference WHERE you are positioning the strips. Some ears need a bit of added support at the foreward edge of the ear, for some it works better in the very center and others give the best support toward the back edge of the ear.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Dobebug

I am guessing this is the best it's going to get :-(

He has been out of posts for a month so do you think if i put him back in them and keep posting for another month it will do anything?? or is he too old now.

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
Give it time. Just keep doing it, they should stay up with the skin bond/strips for 3-4 days at a time, just like posting. It may take a month, maybe more, but it will be worth it in the end :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts