Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are 2 pics of Chase from this past weekend at the Beamsville dog show. He is now 6 1/2 months and weighes around 65lbs. I am going to start entering in some shows in September. Let me know what you think.

hope you enjoy :)

·
Registered
665 Posts
Gorgeous! Something tells me he'll be winning ribbons in no time! :)

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
He is a nice looking puppy. What is his personality like?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hello

He has a really nice personality , he is a bit different then my female more laid back and very calm. I know genes play a roll in this .

This is my first male so maybe they are like that.

The only problem I am having with him is he is still a bit head shy, So that's why he hasn't been shown yet. Mel and I really wonder how much socializing he had when he was younger. We have been bringing him to different places, so i know it's just a matter of time.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks BIB

Also I would love some people to Pic at my dog on his faults that you see with him in the Conformation section.

Thanks Ryan

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
I like the sig pic, he is cute.
Doberman bitches are generally easier than males as a rule. That is why males are not recommended for first time Dobe owners.
My bitch is super easy and laid back compared to Mr. live wire (the male) and I am thankful :).

·
Premium Member
8,910 Posts
dobie lover said:
Here are 2 pics of Chase from this past weekend at the Beamsville dog show. He is now 6 1/2 months and weighes around 65lbs. I am going to start entering in some shows in September. Let me know what you think.

hope you enjoy :)

If I remember correctly, you are in Canada?? Or am I thinking of someone else?? I have a terrible memory for stuff like that.

He has a lovely head/neck...just a little lippy from the picture. I also think his rear angulation looks decent. They tend (depending on the lines) to get straighter with age, so even though he has what looks like a lot of rear now it will probably become more moderate with maturity. That also holds true for the front, which looks OK now, but might be a little straight at maturity.... again, each line is different. It is also hard to judge his front angles in these pictures because he is posting some (front legs are not completely vertical but out in front - this is a handler error not a puppy error <grin>)He really needs some more brisket......might still get some but that may never be wonderful - a little too much air between his elbows and the bottom of his brisket right now. The topline looks a little soft right now but will most likely change - he is still very puppy!

The one thing I can't see at all is his feet - hate those long grass pictures......makes them look like they have no feet - LOL!

He is very cute. Have lots of fun with him at the shows. I love going to shows even when we bomb!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks velmadobe

So pretty well what you are trying to say to me is that at his age so many things can change on him so it's hard to evaluate him. I will say he is a bit lippy

I should of mentioned that he was very light on his right front leg. He was tring to not put a lot of weight on it , Im guessing his fooling around at the motel might have hurt his leg a bit :) puppy play..lol

I am also from Canada :)

His sire was AM CH Foxfire ain't that right ( Rayman)
damn was CAN CH Liberator's Chasing Dreams (Harlow's Daughter)

Thanks for giving me your opinion on him.

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
velmadobe said:
I also think his rear angulation looks decent. They tend (depending on the lines) to get straighter with age, so even though he has what looks like a lot of rear now it will probably become more moderate with maturity. That also holds true for the front, which looks OK now, but might be a little straight at maturity.... again, each line is different. It is also hard to judge his front angles in these pictures because he is posting some (front legs are not completely vertical but out in front - this is a handler error not a puppy error <grin>)He really needs some more brisket......might still get some but that may never be wonderful - a little too much air between his elbows and the bottom of his brisket right now. The topline looks a little soft right now but will most likely change - he is still very puppy!
Long lower thighs are pretty common with Wrath?Liberator dogs, Harlow has LOTS of rear (although she wears it well). So while he might grow into his rear some, it's also just as likely he won't. If it doesn't affect his movement, it shouldn't be a major handicap in and of itself.

The thing that concerns me is he doesn't look like he has a lot of muscling in his rear, especially that lower thigh. it looks weak and stringy.

Someone asked about chests dropping, and this pup is a good example of a youngster whose chest HASN'T dropped yet. You can see that his forechest is sitting way high. I think his lack of brisket won't be an issue as he grows up. He may not ever have a really deep brisket, but I'm betting it will be adequate.

Man oh man, he's all legs right now! I think he's a nice puppy, going through the ganglies.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
He's a happening dude! Brian will finish him, with no problems. Your lucky, great breeder great dog. Brian has the natural knack for showing plus all that he has learned over the many years. I have seen him in action many a time magic, he makes a dog look all that and more.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts