Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...It's Pinky! No actually his name is Kenny. He is my Toronto Humane Society rescue rat. He is a neutered albino top eared love fluff :)

I had both of them on my bed, Chase is probably wondering if the rat will squeak like his toys, while Kenny is cursing under his breath because of that big fat wet nose!

Both are supervised, never left alone, Chase is asked to be 'gentle', no teeth, no paws, and no aggressive nose pokes! The transportation cage is open in case Kenny feels a little offended by the dober pokes :)

So here are two short vids of both of them:

Doberman and his little friend Pinky (minus the brain) - YouTube

Doberman and Albino - YouTube

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I love your red dobe..................I hate rats...............and he's a big one!!
LOL, why thank you :) Kenny is average, you should see my other males, twice the size. I used to hate rats, gave me the chills. But then my brother got one as a pet, and once I got past the icky part, I fell in love. They love to sleep curled up on your lap, they give you tiny kisses, they love to play hide and seek with you, and you can teach them tricks :)

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
So cute! I'm impressed by how good Chase is with him...thanks for posting!

·
Registered
208 Posts
So cute!

I have 3 rats right now (also in a Critter Nation - rat mansion, haha). One is an albino just like yours, one is a grey and white hooded, and one is a grey dumbo.

I'm not sure I would trust my greyhound with them quite so close, haha. Your dog is adorable with him. I've seen all kinds of adorable pics of cats and dogs with rats, but I'm just not sure I can trust mine (two cats as well, plus a horse - working on the menagerie!)

Super cute!!!

And for those who don't "get" rats, they really are neat = ) They are clean (spend as much of their lives grooming as cats), super intelligent, and just all around nifty pets. The main drawback is their lifespans are pretty short, but you get super attached in that short time.

Also, don't confuse them with big mice, they are MUCH smarter than mice and much better pets, in my opinion, haha. I actually tell people that want to get small furry pets for their kids to check out rats. They pretty much don't bite (like hamsters do, eek!) and they are much more interactive and smart than most other small pet options (besides ferrets, also super fun and smart!)

Cute cute cute = )

·
Dobes stole my heart <3
3,418 Posts
wow Im impressed at how he is so calmly laying there with the rat, my dogs would be going insane! And I love the painted nails!! Very cute videos!

Reactions: DogsR4Life

·
Super Moderator
22,009 Posts
Wow, color me impressed! I know Shanoa could never be on such good behavior. Rats are so neat! Also, love Chase's painted toenails :)

Reactions: DogsR4Life
1 - 12 of 12 Posts